Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mothers Day Weekend

What a great Mothers Day weekend! Its been so nice to have my mom here with my little sister and I.

Our mom arrived Saturday evening.  So before she arrived, my little sister and I decorated and got the place nice and cute :)

Crafting for my mamma!

The mothers day banner I made :)
Michelle and I made cards for our mom.  Jon was SO sweet, he got a card for my mom and wrote her a note entirely in Spanish! He totally made Michelle and I look bad because we both wrote in her card in English, lol. 
After we picked her up from the airport.  We were so excited to have her here with us finally!
Once we got home, we gave her a quick tour of our new home, and then headed out to dinner for some Mexican food & margaritas! Yum!
Us ladies outside Arriba!
Sunday, on actual mothers day, I wanted to make breakfast for our mom, BUT she couldn't just sit back and watch me cook, so she jumped in and took over! lol

After breakfast, we headed out the door to show our mom around Arizona!  We headed up to South Mountain to show her some Arizona views.

The sun was shinning bright and the wind was blowing so much! It almost blew me over, good thing Michelle was there to catch me!!

My lovie and I
After South Mountain, we headed to the Mexican market to get some refreshing agua fresca, Jon's newest obsession, but can you blame him? Agua fresca is the best!
The market had a Mariachi band playing in celebration of Mothers Day.  Our mom was happy :)
Jon enjoying his watermelon ague fresca 
After our adventurous day, we relaxed at home and watched some old home videos before we headed out to dinner to celebrate our mom some more!  We headed to Oreganos, an italian place, it was our 1st time there and we were very impressed!
Outside, waiting for our table.  Michelle decided to revert back to being moms baby, lol.
Chich being silly, while waiting for our dinner.
The hubs and I.  He makes my heart happy!
 Michelle and Jon like being a little weird with their food, sooooo they decided to experiment with the pizza and pasta: Pastapizza!

And that was our Mothers Day weekend with our mom.  We had such a great weekend with her and I am even more excited that we get to have her here with us until Saturday!  She's been showing me some of her recipes and I hope someday, I am as good of a cook as her!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...