Monday, May 19, 2014

Goodbyes & Pool parties!!!

I'm sad that it’s Monday, that my mom is back in Oregon, and that my lovie had to leave at 3:00am this morning to catch his flight to Alabama, which will be his home for the next week.  I always have such a hard time having him gone; I’m still adjusting to this new life.  I'm so thankful that my little sister lives with us, because I don’t know how I would survive being alone all the time!  

But we had such a great weekend, so that makes everything a little better!  

Friday was our last day with our mom, so Michelle and I both worked half the day, and then spent the rest of the day with our mamma!  We took her to In-N-Out for lunch, because she need her burger fix, and then we headed to the zoo.  We didn’t walk around the zoo, because it was about 104’ out, and our mom is not a fan of the heat, so we just went into the gift shop so our mom could get some souvenirs.

Mom and I at the Zoo entrance
After the zoo, I decided to take our mom to Dos Gringos for some drinks.  I think this was our 1st time at a bar with our mom.  We hung out there for a while, and Jon came to join us after her got off work.  We had such a fun time!
Photobomb!
Happiness with my mamma and siser!
My lovie and I!
We spent the rest of our evening at home, relaxing, mom made mole for dinner, and then we FINALLY watched Frozen.  I’vebeen wanting to watch that movie for so long!

Saturday, we had to be up bright and early to take our mom to the airport, sad day :(  It was so nice to have our mom here with us for a week, and her home cooking wasn’t too bad either, lol.  Now let’s just hope I can pull off some of her yummy recipes on my own!

After that airport drop off, we headed to the hardware store to get some PINK paint so I can FINALLY start getting my “Dressing Room” together, YAY! I can’t wait to post a before / after picture of my room!

Jon and I had such a productive morning, we got the paint, checked out Planet Fitness near our house and got our gym membership, ran to his office, checked out a mall by our house, and had a nice little lunch date :)

It was such a hot sunny day, that when we got home, we decided to have a little pool party.  We had our music playing, nice cold drinks, and played some pool games, it was so much fun.  
Miley was not happy with me because I made her get into the pool! Poor doggy!
Later that night, we decided to walk to the bar near our place for some dinner, and ended up staying there for quite some time because they had a band playing, and Jon loves his live music!

Yesterday, we had a very low key day.  Michelle and I spent most of the day watching movies and Jon spent his day watching sports.  The joys of having a basement! Now we are all happy, watching TV in our own spaces :)

I hope this week goes by fast and I am able to get some rest, even though I’ll be missing my lovie!  I'm excited for Memorial Day weekend; hopefully we can have another pool party!

Happy Monday!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...