Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend!

I'm back at work tired but with a smile on my face :)  I had such a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with my love.  

My little sister was out of town this weekend, so it was just Jon and I, and we got so much done around the house.

First of all, I was a very happy girl, when I came home for lunch on Friday and Jon was already home from his trip, yay! It was nice to have lunch together.   Unfortunately, I had to head back to work, but fortunately, I have an awesome boss, and he let me head home early!
I made Jon a welcome home note, and taped it on the front door :)
When I got home from work, Jon and I headed to Ace Hardware to buy more paint for my dressing room, 1 gallon of paint just wasn’t enough for the entire room.  After that, we decided to hit up a new bar for some happy hour and drinks.   I just love spending time with Jon, we always have so much fun together just sitting together and talking, especially when he’s been gone for an entire week.  We spent the rest of the evening hanging out at home.

My happy man
Saturday morning, we hit the gym 1st thing in the morning then spent the rest of the day checking out stuff for the house.  Jon ended up getting a basketball hoop for the pool, which he has been wanting and I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use this summer!  We are still in search for a patio set, the one we have right now it just for 2 people and it’s TINY, we also need pool chairs.  Our backyard will eventually be a perfect little getaway.  After all of the running around, we rode our bikes to the park and we played some basketball, kind of, we just shot the ball around, but it was a good time :)  
Sunday, we finished painting my room, YAY!!! Then we spent most of the day outside at the pool, and Jon got to finally use the new basketball hoop, not only is it fun, but he also gets a great work out, win win!  
Monday we continued to work on the house.  We finished putting my room together, for now, which I LOVE! Ill post pics on my room soon :) We rearranged our living room, the way we had it set up originally just wasn’t working out, and I love the way it looks now :) I organized our kitchen, Jon did some yard work, we BBQ’ed for lunch and dinner, AND we spent some time in the pool.
My PINK dressing room!
Miley had to be a part of the action too of course, shes my little sidekick
The hubs setting up my vanity
After all of our hard work, we treated ourselves to some slurpees in fun mason jar & straws
Jon BBQ'ed dinner and I made us homeade mac & cheese and some veggies!
Jon LOVES jamaica, which is a Mexican hibiscus drink. 
My mom tough me how to make it when she was in town, so I made some last night for Jon and it turned out so yummy! I'm very proud of myself :)
I love our house and it just makes me so happy that this is OUR house; we have worked so hard and have sacrificed so much.  I feel so blessed and lucky to be married to such an amazing man.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...