Monday, April 14, 2014

Exciting news!!!!


I mention a few weeks ago, that Jon and I have some big and exciting things coming up and now it’s time for the big reveal!

Jon and I became homeowners on 4/4/2014!!!!

We moved in 2 weekends ago, and returned our rental house keys last Tuesday.   Jon and I still cannot believe that we are now homeowners!
It’s funny how life works.  Back in November, I was looking at Zillow, dreaming of what kind of house we could one day purchase, when I came across a house down the street from us and it was perfect! It met all of our requirements.  I showed it to Jon and we talked about how cool it would be if we could buy a house like that.  And that was it, we didn’t do anything else regarding the house, we just went back to our everyday routine.

In January, Jon met a guy named Nick that is friends with one of our friends in Oregon.  Nick mentioned to Jon that he was a real estate agent.  Jon talked to me about mentioning the house that we found to Nick and potentially looking at it. I just laughed and said, yea right, that house has already been sold, since it’s been months since we 1st found it online. Turns out I was wrong! The house was still on the market, so we decided to check it out.  

We checked the house out and we loved it. But nick thought it would be a good idea for us to also look at other houses in the area that we may also like, because who puts an offer on the very 1st house the look at?  He wanted us to be sure about our decision.  

So Jon and I leave on a trip, and while we are on our trip we also take care of the money portion of buying a house and getting pre-approved.  When we got back from our trip, we spoke with Nick and told him that we were ready to put our offer in.  Guess what?  There was already an offer on the house, and it was higher than what we wanted to spend on the house.  And the offer has been accepted! How heartbreaking?? L  So we were pretty disappointed, and I just kept telling myself that God has a better plan for us regarding our 1st home.  So we started looking at other houses, but none of them compared to the original house.  Jon and I felt that the other houses were nice, but that we were compromising what we really wanted JUST to be homeowners.  

In the middle of February, Jon called me and said that he couldn’t stop thinking about THE house, and asked if I thought it would be a good idea if he just called Nick and asked for a follow up on the house, and see if the original buyer had gone through with purchasing the house.  We waited a few hours, and then Jon got a call back from Nick.  Nick then proceeds to tell Jon that the original buying has JUST backed out of the deal and the house would be put back on the market!!! How amazing???!!!!  

Jon and I spoke with Nick, and decided to put in our offer for the house the very next day.  We did not want to lose out on our dream house again! So we did the whole back and forth thing with the sellers on the price, and finally got our offer accepted! It was such a crazy, stressful and lllooonnnggg process, but it has all been worth it, because now we have a home that is all ours! We still feel like we are dreaming!

We have a long list of projects/updates we would like to make to the house, but for now we are just over the moon about the fact that we actually own this home and can redo it to fit us and our lifestyle.
So our home is 5 bedrooms / 3 ½ bath with a large basement.  Jon can finally have the man cave he has always wanted!  I know it’s a lot of house for just the 2 of us, since we don’t even have kids, but we have my little sister living with us and when we do finally have kids, we have plenty of room to grow.

Here is a little peak of the house, I’ll be back tomorrow with pictures of the inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...