Monday, September 9, 2013

Our Move to Arizona!

Well Jon, Miley and I made to Arizona and are now adjusting to our new life! And as you can see, not only did we change the state that we live in, I also decided to change the look of my blog :)  I love the way it turned out! It sums up our life so well! And I of course have to thank Kristen from Whisky Tango Foxtrot! She is so easy and fun to work with.  I am a very happy customer!

Now back to our moving adventure.  Of course, Jon and I try to plan everything to make sure that big events run smoothly, but of course that NEVER happens! lol.  The day before the movers arrived, they called us and told us they would be arriving between 8:00 - 9:00am.  So Jon and I were up bright and early ready to get to work, well they didn't actually arrived until 10:30, but they happen to have brought a ginormous semi truck with them, when Jon had already told them that it wouldn't fit in the apartment complex.... So they had to leave and get a smaller truck.  We didn't actually get to work on moving everything out until about 12:30.  I did feel bad for the movers because we lived on the 3rd floor of our apartment complex, so they poor guys had to run up and down those stairs with boxes and furniture and it was a hot day out, but we got it done!

That night Jon and I slept in our empty apartment, on an air-mattress.  Friday morning, we were up and on the road my 5:15am.  Jon and I took turns driving, I drove the first 5 hrs of our trip, which im glad that I did because on Jon's half of the drive, we had to drive through a dust storm which was pretty scary!
The pretty views on our drive to Arizona, I didn't realize how pretty the desert truly is. 
Miley did a great job on this trip.  She did not have any car anxiety and was such a good girl.  So proud of my baby! 
Family pictures on our 11 hour road trip! 
Our road trip companions! 
The dust storm after we drove through it 
I was very happy once we were out of it!
Miley was such a passenger seat hog! 
We arrived to our new home in Arizona at 4:00pm friday, and we were SO happy!!! I was even happier when I open up our fridge and saw this from our new landlord!
Champagne & chocolate, yes please! :)  She also gave us tickets to a nature park near by.  We are very lucky to have such an awesome landlord! 
Jon and I have already found his "go to" bar for the Oregon Duck games.  The bar is part of the alumni association, so they have lots of goodies and raffles during the games which is always fun.  They also have the whole downstairs of the bar reserved for only duck fans and food specials during the games.

Miley loves the backyard and she really enjoys laying out in the sun.  There have been plenty of times when I let her out to go potty, and instead of going potty, she lays down in the grass and enjoys the sunshine, so sometimes I have to remind her to go potty before she can relax, lol.
She is usually pretty attached to my side, but with this move, she is 100xs more attached to me.  Its really cute, but she does make it pretty hard to get anything done, I love her sweet lil cuddles!
Hanging with me while I look for  a job.
Jon wanted to jump into the pool one night and we found this lil guy enjoying the pool also.  
Jon and I have been enjoying our new place, especially the backyard.  Jon already loves living here and is very happy with his new position.  We are very happy with this move and excited to explore our new surroundings!

Jon is out of town this week training for his new position.  Traveling is a big part of his new position, so I'm gonna have to get used to this, sad! :(  But hopefully this will give me more time to blog and craft!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Your landlord is so awesome! I can't wait to see more of your house. (I love your new header with the different states. So cute!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...