Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Beginings!

Today is my last day at work, after today, ill be back on the hunt for a new job in a new state. 

I was with my company for a little less than a year, I started with them back in October.  I have gone through many changes with them! I started off as an Admin in one department, then 2 weeks later was promoted into my current position as an HR Assistant.  When I got promoted, I moved into a different building closer to home, then in January, we all moved into a brand spanking new building to accommodate most  of our staff.  It has been a fun ride!

I love what my company does for the community and what is stands for.  I have enjoyed the people that I have worked with and being able to help them as best as I could. As people stop  by my office to say their goodbyes, one thing that I continually hear, is that they will miss my smiling face and friendly attitude, and that makes me happy.  I feel like being in HR, we are here to help staff and make them feel comfortable to come and speak to you, and I'm glad that I was able to do that. 

Working here, I had to learn how to work with different types of people, and that was a little hard on some days, but I am leaving here with a smile on my face and a love for this place.  Nothing will ever compare to my job in Oregon, but with every move, I am getting closer and closer to finding another position like that! 

I am looking forward to this new adventure, and I feel like with this move, I can redefine myself career wise, maybe I wont do HR again or maybe I will, maybe Ill go back to my 1st love of working with kids?  My only criteria for my next job is that it makes me happy and that I have fun with it. 
 
Me in my office.  Jon took this picture of me when he stopped by for lunch one day :)
Tonight, Jon and I are hopping on a plane and heading to Oregon! I am so excited to be back in Oregon with our family and friends.  Wednesday night we will head into Bend, OR, with our friends, and then Saturday is wedding day for one of my best friends, and I am lucky enough to be a bridesmaid!  I'm just hoping and praying that my dress doesn't arrive too wrinkled from our flight, eeekkk! 

We will be back Monday, and just in time to get serious about our packing before the movers arrive Thursday morning and we start our new adventure in Arizona! Its going to be a great 2 weeks, although stressful, I cannot wait!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! so excited to follow you on this new adventure :) And you have the world's largest desk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...