Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My 30th Birthday Celebration!

So, im 30 now, sad :( lol..... Anyway, I have an amazing husband and some amazing friends that flew down from Oregon to help me celebrate such a special day, lucky me! :)

Thursday night, my friends Courtney, Koli & Kyle arrived from Portland.  Mr. Burns tried to surprise me when I got home, but as I always do, I ruined it, lol.  I was still surprised though, he and Courtney had decorated the apartment with cute Hello Kitty decorations and balloons! Its funny because he tried to act like he wasn't home, but when I got home, I ended up parking right next to him, SO the ruined surprise is not all of my fault! :)

After Koli and Kyle arrived, we hung out at home and then walked over to BJ's for some dinner and drinks.
Koli & Courtney! Yay friends!!!
Friday morning was my birthday, YAY! I woke up to mimosas and presents, what a better way to start your 30th birthday??!!

Koli got me my new awesome wine glass, loves it! My friends know me too well! :)
Courtney got me this! How awesome is it? Again, my friends know me too well! 
After presents and breakfast, we loaded up  my car and headed to the beach! My birthday weekend was a complete surprise, btw.  I only knew that we would be heading to the beach.  Jon and my friends did all of the planning, and they did AWESOME!
Headed to the beach with my faves! 
Once got the beach, checked into out hotel and then loaded our cooler with drinks and hit the beach for some fun in the sun!
Mr. Burns & Kyle
The chicas!
My lovie and I!
The gang minus Jon.
Too much fun in the sun!
So we found this new vodka called Loopy and it seriously tastes like fruit loops! We had too much fun with it my birthday weekend :)

Lupe getting loopy @ the beach!
After spending most of our day out at the beach, we walked back to our room to relax, have some tacos and Kyle entertained us with his magic trick skills, it was a fun time.  Then we all took a cab to my next surprise, dinner! We headed to the crows nest, which is my favorite place to go in Santa Cruz.  Their food is yummy and their mimosas are too!
All dressed up for dinner!

We are pretty gangster! 
The dudes repping their Oregon Ducks! 
Fun cab ride to dinner!
After dinner, the restaurant turned into a bar, and they had a band playing, and they sang happy birthday to me, and I pretended to know how to play the guitar. 

Having some fun
Being silly Wendy, can you spot me? lol
The next day, we were up bright and early for surprise #2! They had booked a brunch sailing trip with unlimited mimosas and it was SO much fun.  I loved it!  I had never done it before, and it was a great experience.  I already told Jon that I want to go again! :)


My attempt of taking a picture of the whole gang
We saw lots of lil sea otter friends, they were so cute! 
My amazing husband!
The awesome server! She was seriously balancing so well on the sail boat while the rest of us were holding on for dear life! loll
A whole gang of sea otter, we thought they were logs at fist!
The awesome birthday gang!
We also saw some seals!
After our sailing adventure, we headed to the boardwalk to hang out and have some lunch.



After Santa Cruz, we headed back to our place and just relaxed! It was a long fun filled weekend! Sunday, everyone headed back to Portland, boo!!! But Jon also finally gave me my birthday gift....
Its a little blurry, but I love it!! He did such an awesome job! He picked out all of the charms himself, good job Mr. Burns!
So thats my birthday weekend! I had such a great time.  It was definitely such an awesome way to start my 30's! Cheers to all of the adventure the future holds for me! I cannot wait to see whats ahead.....

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...