Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A very Burns Weekend

Jon and I had a pretty fun and low key weekend.  Since our anniversary was on Wednesday, we continued the anniversary celebrations throughout the weekend!

Friday night, we didn't do much.  We went out to dinner at Cheesecake factory and then spent the rest of our night hanging out at home.  We did purchase our plane tickets for our trip back to Oregon next month for our good friends wedding, which is always exciting! I cant wait to be back in Oregon with our family and friends!

I love my lil family!
Saturday, we decided to head to Napa! I've been wanting to go there since we moved out here but have never had the chance.  And since we only have a month left living in California, we decided to finally make the trip and plus, a anniversary weekend isn't complete without some wine tasting!

Our day didn't really go as planned.  We actually didn't have a plan for the day.  We just figured we could show up to a vineyard and do some wine tasting.... nope! Pretty much all of the places require a reservation, so that was pretty sad :(  But we headed into downtown Napa and they had a bunch of lil wine shops, so we could still enjoy some wine! Yay!
Wine tasting at Ceja Vineyards!
After wine tasting, we walked around downtown and then found a cute outdoor place for some lunch.  We weren't super hungry, so we decided to share an appetizer and the food was SO good! Jon and I spent the rest of the weekend talking about how great lunch was!
Our appetizer and our drinks.  I prefer champagne over wine (but I love both!) I just love the bubble in champagne!
Sunday, I told Jon we could do something fun for him, so it was either heading to Great America or golfing.  So we ending up hitting up the driving range.  We planned on warming up at the driving range and then playing a short game, I think he called it Par 3?, FYI, I don't play golf and don't know much about it... But Jon was a good coach and I did pretty well.  I was pretty proud of myself for hitting the golf balls so well and so far out! :) Now Jon wants us to take some golf lessons together, which I think would be fun! So I'm sure once we move, we will look into taking some lessons!
Do I look like I know what Im doing? I actually felt pretty silly at first, especially with so many people around, I felt like they were all making fun of me, lol.  But I had a ton of fun!
Mr. Burns showing me how to do it right :)
I really enjoyed the driving range, and will definitely go again.  This can be an activity that Jon and I can do together, we shall see! As we were leaving the driving range, we saw this!
How awesome is this??? they were just hanging out, crossing the street.  I loved it!
And since it was Sunday, and we weren't ready for the weekend to end, Jon made us some margaritas and we hung out on the porch, enjoying the sunshine!

Our margarita glasses are all packed away, so we used wine glasses for our drinks :)
 

Thursday night, Jon and I head to Arizona to find a new home! Hopefully we find one with a pool!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...