Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 years of marriage

Today Jon and I celebrate our 2nd year wedding anniversary.  YAY for 2 years!!!!  Jon did an amazing job surprising me last year, which you should read about HERE.

Jon has made dinner reservations for us, but I'm not sure where we are going, because I asked him to surprise me, because I love surprises! :)

This year for our 2nd year anniversary, I've decided to do a lil recap of our honeymoon, which I wish we could go back to every year! Maybe someday ;)

For our honeymoon, Jon and I headed to Playa Del Carmen and stayed at the Royal resort.  We had such a great time!

Here is little run down! (or maybe long because it's full of pictures!)
Mr. Burns & I when we 1st arrived in Mexico, ready to enjoy our honeymoon!
Dinner at a sushi themed restaurant
After dinner, we decided to check out their downtown area.  Our resort was just a few steps away, and I wanted Jon to experience the Mexican culture.  We found this super cute bar, and had to stop in for a drink because their table settings were just too cute and I wanted to sit at the pink table! :)
Our resort had a 24 hour buffet stocked with food & drinks, so this was always our last stop before heading back to our room.
Jon and I also got to enjoy some relaxing massages!  They were so wonderful and such a great start to a very relaxing honeymoon!
We found an awesome restaurant with some delicious tacos! (We pretty much ate there everyday!) 
Jon & I still talk about how awesome these tacos were! We will make sure to head back here when we go back to Mexico.
That night Jon and I checked out the italian restaurant at the resort, we sat outside and were joined by this lil guy...
Of course we spent some time at the beach, so wonderful! 
Such an awesome Mexico drink! :)
Enjoying the steak house, which was our favorite resort restaurant!
One of my favorite parts of our honeymoon was when we went on a full day adventure.  We went zip-linning, repelling, snorkeling and then we also went and check out Tulum! The great thing about these adventures, is that there were photographers there to capture everything for us.  So I was very happy that we got to go home and a CD full of picutres :)

Mr. Burns hanging out in the trees!
Flying Wendy!!!!
Repelling

I was a little worried about this.  We were in a cave with bats! And I have a fear of water and sticking my head in the water, but I did it and survived.  Im really glad that I did it too!
The beaches at Tulum were so pretty and the water was so clear and warm, we loved it! 
We also saw lots of these lil guys hanging out enjoying the sun
Jon also got to go back to our hotel with this scary souvenir!  This one now lives in his room :)
Oh and we also spent lots of time by the pool and even finished the book I brought with me and started a 2nd, aagghh bliss! :)
On another day, we felt adventurous again and decided to go parasailing, which was amazing! Such a fun & amazing experience! I loved flying up in the air with Jon watching everything below.  
One night, we decided to go out and check out "Coco Bongo" such a fun time! We didn't get back to our room until 3am.  But it was SO worth it! Something else I would love to do again with my lovie! 
The Burns at our last dinner before heading back to reality.  We got treated to a fancy 8 course meal, and I even had seafood and enjoyed it! This was also one of the last pictures I was able to take, because I was super smart and forgot our camera charger back at home :( But we were able to make the battery last our entire honeymoon!
Jon and I have had such an jam packed year! We celebrated our 1st year anniversary in Seattle, then packed up our lives and moved to California, and guess what??!!! Its happening all over again! At the end of August Jon and I will be packing up and moving to a whole new state, don't worry, Ill have a full blog post on whats next for us!   Crazy how life works, but I am so happy to be experiencing all of this with  my very best friend! 

I love you forever Mr. Burns.  You truly make my heart happy and make me feel like a true princess!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years! Yay for July weddings! Oh, and zip lining? SO want to do that! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...