Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Burnside Adventures Continues......

I have to take a moment and just say how truly proud I am of my husband.  He is such an amazing hard worker and truly puts his heart into his work.  And all of his hard work is starting to pay off! :)

Lets go back to the beginning of this new adventure.... well, we didn't realize that it would become an adventure until now, lol. 

I turned 30 back in June, and we had friends from Oregon fly down to celebrate with us.  On Sunday afternoon, after we had dropped our friends off at the airport, Jon and I were talking about life and what would come next.  Jon mentioned how something needed to change, either with his job or our living situation and our finances.  We didn't really talk much about it after that. 

That Monday, I was in a meeting all morning, and came back to my office to an email, missed call AND text from Jon, all with the same message asking me to call him ASAP.  I did not know what to think! So I call him, and the 1st thing he says to me is "Our world just got turned upside down", a statement like that sounds like BAD news is coming next, so I totally had a mini heart attack and asked him what was going on.  He then proceeds to tell me that he is being considered for a promotion, which will relocate us to Arizona! They wanted to know if he was interested in the position before setting up an interview, since we would have to move AGAIN, we still haven't even lived in California for a year.... So we talked about the opportunity and I told him to go for it, and that I supported him in whatever he wanted to do. 

So the next day he did a phone interview with his potentially new manager.  That was July 2nd and then we waited.... and waited..... and waited!!!! Seriously, we spent the next weeks, just waiting for the call.  He had already heard that he had gotten the job, but he hadn't received his new offer letter yet, and that's what we were waiting on before we let ourselves celebrate or get too excited about the move.  Then on Tuesday, the 18th, Jon came home with his offer letter! And it became official that Jon and I will be moving to Phoenix, Arizona at the end of August!

My cute husband with his offer letter for his NEW position! YAY Mr. Burns!!!!
Jon has been his with company for 5 years now.  He started working with this company a few months after we started dating. They have been so great to him.  He started off as a sales guy in Oregon in 2008, then in 2011 he was promoted to manage an office in Seattle, Washington.  Then last year, he didn't get a promotion, but was offered a manager position here in San Jose, CA.  And now, he will be leaving all of that behind, and moving into a whole new position as a trainer!  Which is such a perfect job for him.  Jon is a great people person and is great at what he does, and now he will be training new sales people to be as great as he is! :)

The one thing that makes me a little sad about his new position is that he will be traveling a lot, which means I will be spending a lot more time on my own, which will be a big adjustment, because Jon and I are ALWAYS together.  Moving around so much has made it hard for me to make friends, so Jon is pretty much my only friend, besides all of my awesome best friends in Oregon, and now he'll be leaving me too.  SO I'm gonna have to be a big girl and put myself out there and find some friends of my own, which will be hard, because I'm so socially awkward! lol  But that also means, ill have more time for my blog, reading and crafts! Yay!

Jon and I are jumping on a plane tomorrow night and heading to Arizona to find a place to live! Hopefully we don't have a repeat of what happened to us when we moved here! Check out THAT adventure here & here!

We are hoping to find a cute lil house to rent with a pool in the backyard! Im already dreaming of hanging out in my new backyard with my toes in the pool! Fingers crossed that everything works out for us on this move and that we find the perfect lil home!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You'll be closer to me now! ;)
    Good luck with everything! Moving quickly isn't fun, but I'm sure it will all work out great.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing but amazing things to say about San Diego Wedding venues! I feel awful that is has taken me this long to write about it but better late than never I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...