Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Portland getaway!

Last month I made a quick lil trip to Portland to see my family and to attending my friend, Aubrey's bridal shower.  Im a bridesmaid in her wedding, and I feel bad that Ill be missing the majority of her pre-wedding celebrations, so I had to make it a point to make it to at least of her parties.

I arrived in Portland friday night and got picked up by my friend Janet and spent the night at her place.  The next morning, we met up with our other friend Lauren for pedicures and some lunch.  It was pretty funny at the nail place because the women still remembered me, and I haven't lived in Portland for about 3 years, lol.  When I used to lived in Oregon, Janet and I would get pedicures together once a month, I miss doing things like that with my girlfriends.

Me, Janet & Lauren
After lunch, Janet and I did some shopping, which I was VERY happy about because it was TAX FREE!!!!! I never realized how great it was to shop tax free until now, I was a very happy girl :)

I then spent the rest of my day with my family, yay! I was only able to see 3 out of my 4 sisters and only a small fraction of my nieces and nephews, but at least I got to see some of them :)
My sisters Patty & Michelle (3rd daughter and 5th daughter) and then my niece, Ellie, Patty's oldest daughter.
Michelle, Me and Patty. 5th, 4th & 3rd :) 
My mamma and I.  Always so good to see her!
My mini me and I :)
Later that I night, I met back up with Janet and our friend Ashley and had a fun filled night out hanging out at the "Gypsy" and listening to terrible karaoke :)
One of their famous fishbowls :)

 
Sunday was bridal shower day! I was very excited to meet up with my other group of friends and catch up! Aubrey's bridal shower was in Portland at her lil sisters house, Kelsey, and she did such a GREAT job hosting the party.  Seriously, every lil detail was perfect!
I didnt take pictures of the entire set up, but this is just a lil portion of it.  Aubrey's theme is a rustic country look with green & purple and its so cute! 
It was so great to spend time with my girls and have some girl talk :)
Aubrey in the middle, black blazer and white shirt, and her maids :)
Daniela hard at work on the bow bouquet 
Photo shoot outside in the sunshine, behaving ourselves......
Having a little too much fun :)
While at the bridal shower, Jon sent me a picture of him laying out by the pool, so we decided to text him this picture  back....
Me cold in Oregon! lol
It was so great to be back in Oregon with my family and friends, i definitely needed this to recharge.  No matter how much I love living here in California, Oregon will always have my heart, because my people are there.  But I am looking forward to my birthday this month because some friends from Oregon will be here to celebrate with me, YAY!

Found this lil goodie at the airport on my way back home.  Such a great thing to bring back to California with me! 

post signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...