Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend update!

I gotta say, Jon and I had a very fun filled weekend!!! I love that its now November and the sun is still shinning bright here in San Jose, and the fact that we are able to still enjoy outdoor activities without the fear of rain! Yay to California!

Anyway, here is a run down of our adventurous weekend!

Friday night was a low key night for us.  But we did head into Campbell and checked out their town, walked around and found a ton of cute lil shops.  We will definitely be heading back there another time!

We found this really candy store, and I was in HEAVEN!!! They had so much candy everywhere, I didn't know where to look! Of course, I headed straight to the Hello Kitty section :)  I want to take my niece's and nephews here when they visit, that would love it!
 After the candy store excitement, we headed to dinner at Chacho's Taco. This place was really cool and the food was great, but you definitely have to be the mood to party when there.  They have loud music and TV's playing sports.  I wasn't in the mood for such a loud place Friday night, so we weren't there for too long, but we will def go back there and enjoy some margaritas!
Their ceiling! I want to have a ceiling like this in our house someday! 
All of their ceiling lights were loteria cards, so cool! 
Saturday, I got to relax and spend time by myself, while Jon met up with his friend and headed to Berkley for the Duck game.
I got to catch up my shows and enjoy this yummy bottle of wine! 
Sunday was our most fun filled day! It was a cold but sunny morning, so I made Jon and I some warm apple cider....
I love these mugs! Jon's lil brother & his girlfriend got us these when Jon and I got engaged.
After breakfast, we decided to hit the town and explore.  
Days are always better with colored jeans and leopard print shoes!  
This is our view as we leave our apartment.
Even though we are far from Oregon, its nice to see the pretty fall colors!
 We decided to head to the coast, so we headed towards Monterey beach, and I'm so glad that we did because we had so much fun!  And it was only about an hour away, I love that we live so close to such awesome locations.
One of our views when we 1st arrived

 We arrived and realized that they were having a car show, so we decided to check it out..
Some of the cars had these cute little set ups! Wish I could of grown in that era!
 I instantly spotted the pink car and headed right to it!

I tried to get a picture of all of the cars and set up but this was the best I could do.
 After walking around, I spotted a cute little candy store, so we checked it out
Laffy taffy 
I love that all of the candy was displayed in barrels
Who remembers these??! 
Of course they have the round up on some of the boxes, lol 
I used to love these when I was a kid
I had to snap a picture of these.  I would be too chicken to actually try one, but I wonder how they taste!
Get it? #2 Pencils? 
I WILL own a pink car some day! The sign hanging from the mirror says "Pink isn't just a color, its an attitude!" Love it!   I actually have that sign too...
We also decided to do some wine tasting, thats always a fun activity! 
 After all of the fun, we walked down the pier to find some dinner...
Such a pretty view as the sun was setting
This was at another candy store, check out the machine in the upper left corner, how cool is that!?
 We finally stopped in at "Domenico's" for dinner, and man it was good!!! I'm not much of a seafood fan, but we had fried calamari and it was so good! Jon also had bacon wrapped scallops, which I didn't like, no thank you! The bacon was good though! lol  We had a window seat and this was our view.....


I couldn't stop taking pictures of the sea lions and pelicans.  It was so cool that they were so close to us as we ate dinner.

It was a great weekend and I cannot wait for this weekend so we can do some more exploring!

2 comments:

  1. Your life in california is like a 24/7 vacation, I'm sooo happy you guys live there :) And omg the HK candy selection, sooo much awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...