Monday, November 12, 2012

Liebster Awards!

I woke up yesterday morning to 2 emails from Nicole & Karla, which they had nominated me for the Liebster Award! Yay! Thanks ladies!!!!

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.



Rules
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 
11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) 
to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.


11 Facts about me:
1. I have 4 sisters and no brothers, and I and #4 out of the 5
2. I became and aunt for the 1st time when I was 6 years old.  
3. I have 15 nieces and nephews.
4. I am double jointed and can bend my fingers in funny ways, totally weirds out my husband! lol
5. I didn't start driving or get my license until I was 18.
6. I used to be really involved in my church in HS and went on a few mission trips, which were life changing! 
7. Im not only and aunt to 15 kids, but a great aunt to 2! I have a huge family, and I love it!
8. No one in my family calls me Wendy, if they do, its because they are mad at me or want to annoy me, lol
9. I was once in a pageant
10. Valentine's day is my favorite "holiday"
11. I still wear the same size jeans from high school, which was almost 11 years ago.....



Questions from Karla:
1. Do you have talents? If so, what is your best one?
Im double jointed?  I can bend my fingers into funny directions and also my arms
     2. What is your favorite thing to do while driving?
       Sing my heart out to love songs and songs that make me happy!
     3. Do you parallel park, or are you a “drive around the block” type of person?
      I CAN NOT parallel part! I will drive around until I find a spot a can park in.
     4. What are you currently reading?  Or what is your favorite book?
      I have lots of favorite books, but my favorite author is Jodi Picoult.  I ALMOST have all of her books in my collection :)  
     5. Quick! The house is burning! What are 3 things you grab?
       My baby girl Miley, phone, and probably our canvas wedding picture
    6. The one clothing store that never fails you is…?
       Is it sad that I'm 29 and love Pac Sun and Forever 21?  I can always find something that I NEED there :)
    7. One thing that most people may not know about you is…?
      I was once in a pageant when I was 14!!  Oh those were the days! 
    8. Favorite Color:
      PINK!!!
    9. What is your dream job?
       Teacher, social worker, event coordinator...
   10. If I had a million dollars I would…?
       Buy a house and car for my mom! Then take of my husband and I and our family & also save.
   11. Do you like your name? If not, what would you change your name to?
       No!!! I have always hated my name! I wish I had a more "Ethnic" name, I always wanted my name to be Jasmine.  I hate my name because my parents thought that they were having a son, so they never bothered to pick out a girl name, then I was born, so they kinda just went with someone else's suggestion..... I feel the love! lol



     Questions from Nicole:
     1.What are 4 items you canNOT live without and why?
      eyeliner, because I look 12 without it on
      My cell phone, because I need to text and be in contact with peole
      My laptop, I need my blog! lol
      Chapstick, cant live without it!
    2. If you could have any car, what would it be and why?
        I want a small pink car! Like a little pink bug, or mini cooper!
    3. Tell us one embarrassing story that you now laugh at.
        Oh man.... The 1st year I went to the Pendleton Round up (big rodeo)  with my husband, I wore a dress.... I went into a porta potty to use the restroom, everything was fine.... I then walked out of it and waited for Jon.  As I was standing there, this scary woman starts walking straight towards me, I thought she was going to fight me or something, but she gets really close and whispers in my ear "Your dress is caught in your underwear" SERIOUSLY??!!! I wanted to DIE!!!! I was so embarrassed! Now, every time I wear that dress I think back to that day and ALWAYS make sure to double check before I walk out of the restroom!
    4. Favorite way to spoil yourself.
       Manicures and pedicures, and SHOES!
   5. Top 5 places you want to travel?
       Spain
       Paris
       Greece!
       Costa Rica
       Bahamas 
   6. Favorite TV show
       New Girl!!!
   7. One secret your haven't told anyone.
       .........
   8. What is your ideal date night?
       Romantic dinner out by the water with a pretty view, with pretty pink flowers
   9. How did you meet your significant other.
       Jon and I met through a mutual friend, who then became our best man.  You can read about that here.
  10. One goal you hope to achieve in the upcoming new year.
        Buying a house!
  11.  Favorite comfort food
        Beans & rice with corn tortillas!


  Im tagging:
  Katie from Keeping up with Katie
  Veronica from Passion, Pink and Pearls
  Tara from The lovely owl
  Kelsey from Life & Love
  Callie from My something new with you
 Miranda from Diamonds & dogtags


   My questions:
Where did you grow up?
How many brothers & sisters do you have?
What is your dream house?
What is your dream car?
Do you have any pets? If so, what kinds?
Shoes or purses?
Favorite movie?
X-Factor, American Idol or The Voice?
Favorite meal to cook or treat to bake?
Favorite sport?
What kind of music do you like to listen to?


Thanks all folks!

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I have learned so much about you!!! I knew you missed your family, but wow I had no ideas it was so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you do have a large family!! Valentines' day really is one of my favs too!

    I've recently done two of these awards so I'm just going to give my answers to you here, hope that's okay! Thank you for the nomination! It's truly something I feel honored to have received. :)

    1. I grew up in Houston, Texas otherwise known as Htown! :)
    2. I am the oldest of three girls, so I have two younger sisters (and no brothers like you)
    3.Dream house...man that's a tough one, I am a sucker for historic architecture, like an old victorian or Georgian or arts&crafts style...Love the woodwork and details of those homes. Buut I'd want to modernize it too, on the inside, as far as the floorplan goes because older homes tend to be chopped up(sorry long answer, can't help it, I'm an interior designer)
    4. Dream car? Well I just got rid of my first car, a 1994 all red Cutless Supreme Oldsmobile...happy day! I really do love my current car, a 2003 Santa Fe, but growing up I've always loved the Lexus RX330(now I think their into the 360s or something)
    5. Oh man...I'm just itching for a puppy!!! My husband and I are waiting till we pay off the car...
    6. Hhmm I used to say purses but recently I've been feeling a move towards shoes...
    7. Notting Hill, easy.
    8. Well guess I'd have to say American Idol cause I have watched a few seasons but mostly I don't watch any of them.
    9. Love me some homemade nachos...and I LOVE to bake, probably homemade cheesecake is my fav but it takes a while...I'll be making it for Thanksgiving :)
    10. To do myself? Skiing. To watch? Baseball or Football.
    11. Christian and country

    Great list of questions :) I'm going to go check out the other blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! 29 and a great aunt! Thats crazy cool!
    Girl, im with you with Forever 21. Even if its just an accessory I always find something I NEED too!! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...