Friday, November 16, 2012

Moving on up!


So I’ve had a very exciting & interesting first 2 weeks at my job, which I still LOVE btw :)

Last  week, I started my 2nd week at my job, Tuesday morning, started off as a typical day.  My boss was in her office for about 45mins that morning with someone from the HR dept.  As soon as the HR person left, my boss asked me to come into her office and close the door.  


Seriously! I was freaking out! Was I in trouble for something? I was so nervous because I has no idea what she wanted to talk to me about.  So I go into her office, close the door and take a seat, then she starts talking about how great of a job I’ve been doing and that other people have taken notice of how much of a hard worker I am.  She then started to tell me that the reason she was meeting with the HR person was because they had approached her about an open HR position that they wanted ME for! Can you believe that!  They had just posted an HR assistant position, and since they had seen my resume, they wanted me for the job.  Side note:  I was an HR assistant in Portland for 4 years and I LOVED my job, I had the most amazing boss who taught me so much, it was so hard to leave her and my job behind when Jon and I moved to Washington.  So my boss, being the awesome person that she is, said that even though she hired me to work for her and her department, she didn’t want to hold me back from this opportunity.  I was so flattered and amazed that I was being told all of this.  2 weeks ago I didn’t even HAVE a job, and now I had the opportunity to apply for a promotion and get a raise.  I just couldn’t believe it and was SO thankful! 


So I applied for the HR job Wednesday morning, interviewed on Thursday, and by Friday, my boss informed me that HR would be offering me the position!!!!!


I start at my new position the week after thanksgiving.  I feel so blessed, happy and SO grateful for this life. 


I'm a little sad that I won’t be as involved and hands on with our programs and working with the children, but now that I’ll be in HR, I’ll be hiring the right people to work with the kids! And I'm still part of this amazing organization, and in the end, that’s all that really matters.


I'm excited to be back in an HR role, that just feels like “me”.  I feel like life is now starting to fall into place and that good things are happening to us.  Hard work does pay off and I am so thankful that my company took notice of me and offered me such a great promotion.  Now Jon and I can start saving money to buy our 1st house!!!! Life is good, California has been treating us well!

6 comments:

  1. Such great news!! I am so incredibly happy for you!! =)
    Enjoy your weekend lady! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's wonderful! God is good! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!!! Congrats! :) You're rocking that place!!! PS- What is your Instagram username?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! That's awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats friend! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...