Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Thanksgiving!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Jon and I had a great time this year! 
Our Thankful jar
Our home, ready for the celebration! I made the banner on the window, it says "Thankful" so funny and easy to make! 
I was up bright and early and started baking our dessert.  Jon requested chocolate cake with white frosting, which I of course made! I love to bake! Once the cake was cooked, Jon and I worked together to get our turkey ready.  I made Jon stick his hand inside the turkey to pull out all of the yucky stuff!  Then while I was chopping up celery, carrots and onions, Jon was buttering & seasoning up the turkey.  Our turkey was ready to go and in the oven by 12:00! Yay!  
Husband helping with the turkey prep! 
Miley and Jon enjoying some football
Our turkey all ready to go!
While the turkey was in the oven, I started to frost my cake, but Jon wanted to be a part of it too, so I let him take over the frosting.  It didn’t turn out as cute as I wanted it to BUT it was good, and it was nice to have Jon be so involved this year!
Me, trying to frost my cake...
Then Jon took over....
The final product.... Not bad for Jon frosting it and it was still a delicious cake! :)
Dinner is served! 
Pretty proud of my food this year, I even made homemade mashed potatoes & gravy! Yay me!

During dinner, Jon and I read out our “Thankful” cards we had been writing all month.  It was fun to read them and to talk about all the things we were thankful for, and also it was fun to think back on our past year, its crazy to see how much things have changed!!! I am so happy with our life and the place we are currently in. 

Miley also got spoiled this thanksgiving, she got to take part of our thanksgiving dinner and try out all of the food.  She was a fan of everything except for the celery and corn, silly little girl!
Miley's dinner :)
Enjoying her special dinner
Baby girl had to take a nap after all of that turkey!  
Our 2nd Thanksgiving as Mr. & Mrs. Burns 
Miley and I taking some silly pics together, lol
It was sad being away from our family, but it was nice that we got to face time with Jon’s mom, which was so much fun! It felt like we were all hanging out, we showed her around our place, and I showed her all the yummy food I was cooking and she even  got to see the turkey in the oven :) 
This picture makes me happy :)
And I kept in touch with my sister and she sent me pictures of the family, since they were all together for Thanksgiving.
I miss this silly crew! 
My mommy! Getting this picture made me a little homesick! Wish I was in Portland with my family!
My sister and her fiance 
Only 5 out of my 15 nieces and nephews :)
We ended our night by flipping through old pictures from the past 4 ½ years and laughing at all of the memories!

4 comments:

  1. Aww- it sounds like such a good Thanksgiving! Even though it was just you two, you guys made it so special :) I love your decorations and all the food looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the thankful jar idea. Glad you had a great holiday. Your doggies are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww what a sweet thanksgiving! your thankful jar is adorable. I'm super proud of you and Jon making such an awesome dinner! You two have so much to be thankful for, I am so happy you had such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food looked bomb!!!! I love the picture of you frosting the cake, you look like Mom because you look so tiny and short ❤

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...