Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pictures, pictures, pictures!!!


Last week Jon and I decided to FINALLY do the picture frame project I’ve been wanting to do since we moved into our apartment.  
First, I picked out all of the frames that I wanted on the wall and traced the size of each frame onto extra packing paper we had lying around our place.  
I laid out the picture frames I was sure I wanted on the wall
I then cut them all out, and we started to tape the paper onto the wall to get an idea of where each frame would go.  
I'm so glad that we did that step, because we moved the paper around A LOT and it was great when we were finally committed to the placement of the frames, it went by so quickly! 

Husband was a great help with this! We made a good team!
Once we put up all of our frames, the wall looked a little plain and bare...
So we put up more frames and our "Burns" painting a friend did for us, along with the pink "Love" sign.
I really like how the picture with the gun on the other wall ties it all in... FYI, the gun is shooting out hearts and butterflies.
I knew that I wanted our sign that reads “Our life, our story” in the center, and I wanted the picture frames surrounding that.  And I LOVE the way it turned out!!! I get so happy every time I walk into our place now.  
Over this weekend Jon and I found this super cute shop in downtown San Jose, and we just HAD to get these little figures! Its our wedding, Dia de los muertos style! I want to put them on a little shelf and add to our picture wall.
Our place is starting to feel like home now, and I love looking at our wedding pictures, and  pictures of our family & friends.  Now we have to get moving on putting up more pictures and art work around the rest of our place!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I love pictures! and I love putting them everywhere! Currently we are in the middle of moving and the pictures are packed away.. I feel empty without them:( Putting pictures up will probably be one of the first things I do when we move! Anyways.. I'm a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...