Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Interview time

Update on my job search:

I just got home for 2 interviews and they both went GREAT!!! Im really excited about both jobs and I have a good feeling about them!

My 1st interview was this morning with Stanford University, working in the pediatric oncology department.  I meet with about 6 different people and got a really good feeling about this job.  Its something that Ive done in the past, working at OHSU.  I would love to get back in the academic /  medical field, and working for Stanford doesn't look too bad on a resume either, lol.  I got this interview through a temp agency, so I would start off as a temp and then get hired on.  The only downfall about this is the traffic, its only about 30 mins away but with traffic it took me and hour and a half to get there, SO I would have to ride public transportation, which isn't too bad, I did it for 4 years in Portland, so I'm used to it, but it nice having your car with you and being able to come and go as you please.

My 2nd interview was with Community Solutions, and OMG, this is pretty much my dream job! This is a non profit organization that helps children, teens, and families in need, ranging from substance abuse, domestic violent, and child abuse.  Ever since I was a kid, I have always wanted to work at a place like this.  Coming from a home with domestic violence, I have always wanted to get involved in making a difference in other peoples lives that are living thought the same thing.  This is a place that I would be proud to be working at, knowing that I'm helping people in need and making a difference in the world.  The interview went really, well, I have a good feeling about this job too!

In all honesty, I would much rather work at community solutions, because this is something I have always wanted, but I would of course be happy with any job that I get.  Now its time to wait, and hopefully I get some good news SOON!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great! fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your interviews! My sister worked for Stanford Life Flight! And I have a good friend that started there thru a temp agency and was just hired permanently! Both jobs sound wonderful. Sending good wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...