Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Easy cheesy chicken & rice bake

Since Jon and I are finally settling into our new life, I wanted to get back into the kitchen and try out new recipes ASAP.  I've tried out 2 new pinterest recipes and they both turned out great! Ill start off with this yummy and easy "Cheesy chicken & rice bake"

These are the things that you will need:
2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (not pictured, but I used Trader Joe's chicken breast)
4 cups Cooked Brown Rice - I went with the easy "boil in bag" rice " :)
¾ cups Frozen Corn
15 ounces, Can of Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
1 cup Sour Cream - the web site suggest using Plain Greek Yogurt , but I like sour cream :)
4 ounces, Can of Green Chilis
½ cup Salsa
1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish -  I bought it but forgot to use it, it was still great without the cilantro
To get started, I cooked the chicken breast, then shredded it into small bit size pieces.

Preheat your oven at 350
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, except for the cilantro.  

1st lightly sprayed my oven safe pan to prevent the food from sticking.  Once everything was nicely mixed together, I transferred my mix into my pan & sprinkled some more cheese on top. 

Bake for about 20-25 mins and your done!

The final product.  I of course didn't take a picture of the food on my plate, but it was yummy!!!
I served it with warm tortillas and that was our dinner!!  Jon loved it so much, we had it for dinner again the next day, but instead of tortillas, we had tortilla chips and that was even better! 

I highly recommend this dinner.  It really easy, healthy and delicious! 

4 comments:

  1. YUM! that looks so delicous! I think I could make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Newest follower! Welcome to the blogging world! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I am going to have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...