Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend update!

Jon and I had a fun filled weekend enjoying Seattle! Gotta try and take in as much of this city as we can before we move away.
Friday was my day off, which was spent packing and spending time with Miley. 
Here she is working on her tan, she wants to be sure to be nice and tan before we arrive in California.
I also met up with Ainara Friday night for some dinner and drinks.  We went hung out in downtown Kirkland, and had dinner at "Cactus" They have the best margaritas in town.  I had a pineapple margarita, so yummy!
We shared this large platter of nachos.  So good!
Saturday, Jon and I enjoying the day together.  We went out for breakfast and then Jon suggested we go to the driving range.  He REALLY wants me to get into golf, so we can golf together.  So we went to the driving range to hit some balls and I gotta admit, i had a great time! And I was even able to hit the ball and get some good hits.  Jon was very  impressed.  I definitely want to go back again, I already asked Jon if we can go back today.  I'm really sore, but its SO much fun! If I get into this golf thing, Jon said we can get a pink set of clubs for me :) We did some research last night and guess what we found? A pink hello kitty set! I wont be getting that because its super expensive, but maybe one day if i get really good? :)
Working on my swing!
After the driving range, we decided to take advantage of the day and finally head into Seattle to ride the Ferris wheel.  Ive been wanting to do this since they opened it in June, so I was VERY excited it was finally happening! First we had to go home for an outfit change and check on Miley, then we headed to Seattle. 
We parked a few blocks away from the pier, I was very excited when the Ferris wheel finally came into view!
Waiting in line.  We had to wait about 45 mins before it was finally our turn.
FINALLY on!
One of the views from the wheel
My handsome Mr. Burns
Another view from the wheel

The Ferris wheel ride was fun.  Its nothing too exciting, but the views are really pretty.  You are up there for about 10-15 mins.  Towards the end of the ride i was ready to get off and was starting to feel sick, BUT it was worth the wait and the money.  It was just another Seattle attraction I wanted to experience before we moved.  After the wheel, we had lunch on the pier.
The Burns Summer 2012
This lady would stand still as a statue and then scare people it was pretty funny
Jon and I thought this was pretty funny, so I had to take a picture.  The Washington Huskies and the Oregon Ducks are college football rivals, so we thought it was great that these 2 friends were from opposing teams, we don't see this very often, lol
After the wheel, we headed to Pikes place to walk around and to finally check out the "Gum Wall" something else that Ive been wanting to do since we have lived here.  Here is a little history of the gum wall that I found on wikipedia:
 The Market Theater Gum Wall is a local landmark in downtown Seattle, in Post Alley under Pike Place Market. Similar to Bubblegum Alley in San Luis Obispo, California, the Market Theater Gum Wall is a brick alleyway wall now covered in used chewing gum. Parts of the wall are covered several inches thick, 15 feet high for 50 feet. The wall is by the box office for the Market Theater, and the tradition began around 1993 when patrons of Unexpected Productions' Seattle Theatresports stuck gum to the wall and placed coins in the gum blobs. Theater workers scraped the gum away twice, but eventually gave up after market officials deemed the gum wall a tourist attraction around 1999.  It was named one of the top 5 germiest tourist attractions in 2009.
It was pretty gross, and I didnt want to get too close to the wall.  We were only there for about 5 mins, I was afraid I would get too close and get stuck to the wall! lol
It does look pretty cool
Artwork on the other side of the wall
We did it! Now lets get out of here! lol
Before heading back home, we HAD to stop at the candy store for my Carmel apple! We cant visit Pikes place without stopping there!
I went with the cookies n cream apple this time.  So yummy! I don't think I've ever had a bad apple there!
Goodbye pikes place! Its been fun!
Sunday, Jon and I enjoyed a pretty low key day.  We drove to Redmond to have our final pizza at our favorite pizza place.  "Filo's" is seriously AMAZING! They use the best ingredients and high quality cheese, and it SO good!
Doesn't it look amazing!?
 After pizza, we checked out some golf stores and then stopped for some froyo!
 We ended our day with a nice walk with Miley and then Jon's cousin Mamie, her husband Dan and daughter Evie came over for a final visit before we move. 
Miley was a happy girl walking off her leash, and she did a good job listening and staying with us.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that apple. It distracted me from whatever I was going to write about that gross gum wall.... and your way too cute for life tanning pup.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...