Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Moving.......

2 weeks from today, a moving truck will be pulling up to our house here in Washington and loading our home into the truck.  I cannot believe that Jon and I are actually moving to California SO soon.  This is something that we have always wanted and have always talked about, but now that its here, its a little scary but SO exciting.  We are ready for this, we are ready to settle down and build a new life in California.  I'm going to miss the fact that Seattle is just a quick 3 hour drive back to Portland to our family and friends.  We are no longer going to have the luxury of jumping in the car and making that drive back home.  We are seriously going to miss all of our friends and family so much! 
Moving away and living in Seattle this past year and half has made us realize who our TRUE friends are and I am so thankful for those friends.  I know that even though we are moving even further away from them, they are still always going to be there for us. 
I'm really going to miss my mom and my sisters, especially watching my niece's and nephews grow up.  It makes me sad that I wont be as close to my niece's and nephews as I always hoped for.  But I am going to try my best to keep a good strong relationship with them and I know that I can bribe them to come visit me during their summer vacations since ill be living in CALIFORNIA! lol.  And it also helps that we are near "Great America" and "Ragging Waters". 
My mom and my sisters all live in the same town in Portland and about 5 mins away from each other, so me  moving to California has been hard for my mom, I know that shes really excited for us because she knows that this is what we want, but shes sad that we will be living so far away. 

Enough with all these mushy feelings! lol.  Lets get excited about our new life in the SUNSHINE!
Here is the map of our area and everything that we will be living near. I know that life is going to be great here!
This is the floor plan to our new place.  Even though we are moving from a townhouse(2 levels and a big garage) to an apartment, I think we will have more "living" space at our new place. I'm extra excited for the walk in closets in BOTH rooms, no more sharing closet space with Jon!! :) 


4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Cali! I am born and raised in the Inland Empire (So Cal).

    Enjoy@!!!

    Sharee'
    www.momFITtingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so exciting! Good luck in Cali!
    The new place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys!!!! It will be sad being so far from your family and friends, but this is creating your own life and that is awesome! Your family is only a phone call away and yes I know they'll be by to visit you in Cali all the time!!!! Good Luck in your move :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad that you're leaving but happy for you and Jon :) hopefully when you get pregnant we can come down to help with the baby!!! Gives us a good reason to go down! How far is it driving? Love you guys I wish you the best little sis :*)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...