Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The most AMAZING Oreo Cupcakes!!

Friday, I decided to try out a cupcake recipe that i found on pinterest, and man oh man, they turned out amazing!!! 

If you love chocolate and love Oreos, then this is the treat for you!
Original recipe here
For the cupcakes, you will need:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 teaspoon salt 
2 eggs 
1 cup milk 
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
1 cup boiling water

Heat your over to 350°F
Fill your cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside

Stir together:
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Then add:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes
Then stir in 1 cup boiling water (this will make the batter thin and super yummy!)
Fill the cupcake cups 2/3 with batter
Bake for 22 mins


Let them cool completely before frosting (I baked all of  my cupcakes, then while they cooled I made the frosting)

Oreo Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening or butter (I used butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons milk (I used 3 tablespoons)
3-4 cups powdered sugar
14 Oreos, finely crushed in food processor

In a large bowl mix:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening or butter (I used butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons milk (I used 3 tablespoons)

Then add:
3-4 cups powdered sugar ( I only used 3 cups, add enough until your get the amount of sweetness that you like)
Once the butter and powdered sugar are mixed together, mix in the Oreos until well combined. Try not to eat all of the frosting before you frost all of the cupcakes! lol.  Its hard not to though!
My final product!!!

I have to say, these are the best cupcakes Ive had! I'm already trying to come up with an excuse to make them again!

2 comments:

  1. My hubby would love these! GOing to have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM these look amazing! You are quite the baker, I'm getting caught up on a few of your other posts. Everything looks sooo good. yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...