Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our 1 year anniversary celebration

Jon and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary last week, and it sure was wonderful!
The celebration kicked off on Tuesday, our actual wedding anniversary.  Since it was on a Tuesday night, and we have so much going on in our lives with the upcoming move, we decided to not do anything big or get each other gifts.  I did make him a cute card though!
But of course, Jon being the sweet man that he is, surprised me with the sweetest anniversary gifts! 1st, when I got home from work, he made me go straight upstairs because he was still working on his surprise.  About an hour later, I was asked to come downstairs and close my eyes.  I had NO idea what I was walking into! (LOTS of pictures ahead!)
Standing there with my eyes closed, with no clue what I walked into (Its blurry, but I still love this picture)

I was so overwhelmed I didn't even know where to look!
Things on the table: old notes & cards Ive made Jon over the last 4.5 years, wedding pictures, pictures from trips, wedding vases, his wedding gift & card, our wedding wine glasses given to our guest.
He picked out all of the flowers in my bouquet!
This note makes me laugh, I totally sound like a stalker! hahaha
He even got us special wedding plates for dinner! lol
My gift! I love Precious Moments, and I had mentioned to Jon that I wanted to start collecting these and he listened! I wasn't expecting this! The bottom says "A whole year filled with special moments" Too cute!
 After the surprise, we spent the rest of our evening eating take out, Pad Thai, and watching old videos that he has made me and looking back at all of our pictures we have taken since we started dating.  It was such a great way to celebrate our 1st year of marriage!  

Saturday, we decided to spend the day together and celebrate some more. 
We started off with wine tasting, since we got married in a vineyard this only makes sense, right?!
Then we went to a local bar, had some lunch and played darts, our new favorite thing to do! Of course i beat Jon at darts! lol
Later that night we headed out to dinner at "Edge Water" Its a restaurant in Seattle right on the water.  Its such a pretty restaurant and the food is SO good! Of course we each ordered delicious steaks and enjoyed our time together!
Date night shoes!
I had just ordered these online and was very excited when they arrived on Friday!!! Jon thinks they are ridiculous but I think they are super cute!
Our view on the way to dinner.  I'm definitely going to miss the pretty views in Seattle, but NOT the weather! lol
 The end! lol. 
I had such a great time celebrating with Jon.  I am so thankful to be married to someone that totally gets me and loves me for me! I love that he is willing to do these sweet little things for me and put so much effort in making sure that I'm happy and feel special & loved.  Love you forever Mr. Burns!

7 comments:

  1. ahh Happy Anniversary! What a sweetie!

    Here is too many more amazing years for the two of you!

    Sharee'
    www.momFITtingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post made me soooooo happy! your and jon's love is so sweet. and his setting up the table with all the cards and gifts. soooo thoughtful. and your shoes... they are so fun! like 6" they look sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was one of the sweetest posts! Congratulations to the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet surprise :) You both a wonderful couple!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest post ever!!! Happy Anniversary! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I have a BIG feeling my hubby WONT top this off! Can we say perfection to the Max!!
    I could care less for anything fancy I just want it heart felt.. and your hubby did just that!! Aww lucky girl!
    Im sure we’ll be doing something pretty mellow as well.. I can only hope its as half as romantic as your day! Oh and CONGRATS cheers to many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is SO great! What a very thoughtful husband you have!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...