Tuesday, July 24, 2012

1 year ago today.......

I married my best friend!

Its hard to believe that it has already been 1 year since I became Mrs. Burns.  Looking back at our wedding pictures, I can still remember that feeling of excitement as I got ready to walk down the aisle to my wonderful husband! The pride I felt having my mom walk me down the aisle, because I wanted her to have the honer of walking me down to my future.  Feeling so much love as we stood in front of our family and friends, laughing at the fact the my veil kept blowing in the wind and completely covering my face, and our pastor doing his best to hold it down.  Hearing the mariachi band play once we were pronounced husband and wife, walking up the aisle, hand in hand, together to our future. Looking back at our wedding, it was everything I always dreamed of and more. I wish I could replay the day all over again, the day went by too fast, I wish I could of slowed time down. 
One of the sweetest memories that I have of that day is of my nephew Felipe, our ring bearer.  After the ceremony, the entire wedding party met in the wine cellar for pictures, and out of nowhere my nephew just bursts into tears and hugged my waist.  I asked him what was wrong and he said "I am just so happy" my heart just about exploded with more love, it was such a sweet and honest moment.  Our wedding day was truly filled with so much love and happiness, and thinking back to that day puts a big smile on my face. 

I'm excited for what God has in store for our future.  Hopefully this next year involves having babies and buying a house!

Warning, wedding pictures overload, I just love our wedding pictures SO much it was hard to choose which ones to post!!

2 comments:

  1. Baby Asher in the sling! What a fun wedding! Can we relive it???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...