Monday, July 23, 2012

San Jose!

So its official, Jon and I will be San Jose residents September 1st!!! I cant believe that this is really happening and that its all happening SO fast! I'm really excited for this next step in our lives, we are definitely heading in the direction Jon and I have always talked about.  I'm really excited about our future out there!
We heading out to San Jose bright and early Friday morning to begin our search for a new home. 
Its the middle of summer, and THIS is what our weather is like?! BIG reason why we are moving!
Goodbye rainy Seattle!
Excited for our new adventure!
Hello sunshine!
Such an interesting name for restaurant!
We arrived in San Jose at about 11:00am, got a rental car and then heading to the Bisco office to meet with Jon's new area manager, Tom, and the VP of sales, Zach.  Jon got to check out the new office and meet everyone that he'll be working with.  Then the 4 of us headed out to lunch, and they talked business.  They are really excited to have Jon in the San Jose office, I think hes going to do an awesome job being the new manager! After lunch, Jon and I checked into our hotel and then drove around the area and checked out apartments.  We didn't find anything that we liked and the apartments were SO expensive, its insane!!
At our hotel
His new office! Yay!
Saturday morning, we had plans to meet up with Tom, who was going to show us around and take us apartment shopping.  Jon and I got up bright and early, and started looking on craigslist for places.  I found an ad that had just been posted for a 2bedroom 2 bath condo that had just been renovated and the rent was right in our price range, so I called the number and made plans to check out the apartment 1st thing. 
Thank goodness that i jumped on the ad when i found it because it is now our new home!!! The apartment is perfect for us! Both bedrooms have nice big walk in closets, the kitchen is really nice and updated, and it has a washer and dryer (which we realized that many apartments we looked at didn't have washers & dryers in the homes).  We will be living about 10 minutes away from Jon's office and about 1 mile or some away from Santana row, which is a outdoor shopping area.  We are SO excited that we found this place and the location is perfect for us! And if we had any doubts about our safety, we are living above a cop, so i think we are going to a-okay! lol.  We are renting from the condo owner, so we don't have to go through a real estate agent or anything, and she is working with us on the move in date.  She wanted to rent out the condo sooner than September 1st, but she said that it wasn't a problem to hold it until September for us.  Oh and another awesome thing, the lease is month to month, so if we don't like the location or find a better place to live at, we can move out.  So hopefully, Jon and I can find a cute little house to buy while we are living in the condo.  That's our next step, buying a home! I cannot wait to be a homeowner!
After finding our home, we decided to check out Santana Row and have lunch.  We had lunch at "The Yard House" which is a brewery with LOTS of beers to choose from.  The server was super nice and the food was really good, so I'm sure well be spending lots of time there.
My beer looks so little compared to Jon's!
The beer cup was really heavy!
My lunch, carnita tacos!
After lunch, we met up with Tom and spent the rest of the day hanging out and enjoying the sunshine!
Miso soup.  1s time trying it, it wasn't too bad..
Jon's miso soup!
Tequila shots with bloody Mary chaser, not my thing! Yuck!
We played many rounds of darts! This is a really fun game!
special......
Sunday was spent exploring and heading home! I made Jon take me to yogurtand because of the Hello Kitty happiness summer special! I NEEDED to go and get a cute Hello Kitty cup and spoon! lol
Good thing there is a yogurtland in Seattle, so i can collect all of the spoons :)
Strawberry frozen yogurt with gummy bears and while chocolate chips, yum!
Shes too cool! lol
Happiness!

Headed back to the rain!

We had a great time in San Jose this weekend and we are so excited about our move.  I cant believe that I have to pack up our home in less than a month!
Here's to new adventures and starting a new chapter in our lives!


2 comments:

  1. wow what a super awesome, exciting and productive trip!
    Yay Cali!
    And OMG I cannot wait to go to yogurtland when I'm in San Diego in a few weeks! I need HK fro yo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister lives in San Jose. I love visiting her there. You will love it and there is always something great to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...