Monday, June 25, 2012

My 29th birthday celebration!

This weekend we celebrated my 29th birthday. I can’t believe that this is my last year in my 20's, I've decided that after this year, instead of turning 30, I’ll just tell be people I’m 21, it’s not like they won’t believe me, since I do look so young! People are always surprised to hear my real age. I guess it’s a good thing to look so young, but I don’t think that ill actually appreciate this until I’m older.
 
I started my birthday fun on Wednesday, spending 2 hours at the nail salon getting a pedicure and a manicure. I love getting my nails done, it make me very happy!

I decided to do something a little different this time
 Thursday morning, my actual birthday, I headed downstairs to find a wonderful hello  kitty surprise!


Husband did a pretty good job! I was NOT expecting to find any of this when I went downstairs.  I was actually a little annoyed at Jon because I said goodbye to him and he didn’t even say happy birthday, which I thought was weird, but then when I got downstairs I understood why :) He was trying to play it off

Jon took me out to lunch on my birthday, which is always nice to see him in the middle of the work day :) After work, I just relaxed until Jon got home. He then made me a yummy drink and we opened gifts.
She loves her mommy!
I got pretty lucky marrying a man that supports my hello kitty love! :)
Reading my 1st 'Wife" birthday card :)

New hello kitty hangers :) 

I had NO idea this was sitting in front of me!
I was truly surprised to see the skateboard!
 Okay so a little background on the skateboard.  I have wanted a skateboard since I was about 19 years old.  I would ask my mom for one on every birthday and Christmas, and she would just look at me like I was crazy! lol I've always thought that skating was so cool! And I had lots of friends that would skateboard, so I would always ride around on friends boards, so I can ride a skateboard BUT that’s about it! lol.  So I now I have a skateboard of my own and I am SO happy! I had mentioned this skateboard to Jon, but I didn’t think that I was actually going to get it.  So I was VERY happy and surprised when I saw it sitting right in front of me! This might be the BEST birthday present EVER! :)
Posing with my board before taking it out for a ride.  I even put my Hello Kitty vans on for this special ocassion!
So excited to ride!
posing with my new baby!
showing my skills off to Jon
Miley didnt want to miss out on the action, so she ran with me while i rode :)  Shes going to be a skater girl too!
Miley got a good workout with me
I feel like such a lucky girl! Jon did such a great job making my birthday so special!

After riding outside for a while, I got dressed up and we headed to dinner downtown Kirkland.  We went to a Mexican restaurant "Milagro Cantina".  It was SO good!
Happy Happy!
My wonderful husband!
My birthday drink! So yummy!
Our awesome dinner! I love finding restaurants that actually serve AUTHINTIC Mexican food, and this place definitely did! They even had a woman in the kitchen that was hand making the corn tortillas. The guacamole was also fresh and hand made.  Jon and I were VERY happy with this place!
My board! This is what the front of the board looked like before they put the deck tape on it.  Jon made sure to take a picture of the front before it was covered.
Jon also got a board for himself, so we can ride together.  Mine is MUCH cooler though!
 I gotta say, I had a WONDERFUL birthday! I feel so blessed!
 Thursday I was talking with my friend Courtney about what I was doing for my birthday weekend, and she decided to drive up from Portland for the weekend to celebrate with me.  That made me very happy! So Courtney arrived at our place on Friday night and brought me a super soft and cute hello kitty blanket and a sweet birthday card.

 Saturday morning we woke up to THIS!
It the 1st weekend of summer and it was POURING down rain AND we almost lost power because the weather was so bad! I cannot wait for the day that I am living in sunny California!
Even though the weather was terrible, we didn't let it stop us from enjoying the day and going wine tasting. 
1st stop was Chateau Ste. Michelle.  This place was WAY to crowded too enjoy the tasting, so we left as soon as we finished the tasting.
 

 Then we headed to Cougar crest, I think that was my favorite stop.  They guy running the tastings was really nice and gave us lots of history on all of the wines.  He also taught us the correct technique to taste the wine.  We bought a wine bottle there because 1) it was good and 2) it was for a good cause.  They donate proceeds of the wine sales to Doernbecher hospital, which has a soft spot in my heart since it's part of OHSU.  After that we check out Zebra Cellars, that place was nice too.  I thought their Zebra log was super cute!
Courtney bought this bottle there.  How cute is the Zebra?! I love his smile, lol
Tasting at Zebra Cellars
I love that we live in wine country because all of the vineyards are seriously down the street from us, and there’s so many to choose from. Once the weather is better I’m sure well enjoy going on tours and such.
Later on Saturday evening, Jon's cousin Mamie and her husband Dan, came over to hang out and celebrate. They hung out for a few hours and then headed home at about 10:00 because they had a babysitter watching their daughter Evie. It was a fun time hanging out with them.

Mamie and I
 Sunday morning, we headed out to downtown Kirkland to enjoy the sunshine and grab lunch.
Courtney and I enjoying a drink outside in the sun :)
 I had a great weekend celebrating my birthday! It’s hard to believe that I’ll be 30 years old next year!  I have to thank my wonderful husband for going above and beyond to make this birthday so special for me!

3 comments:

  1. OMGeez I heart Hello Kitty! How could I not follow after that awesome post. Congrats on an awesome birthday!

    Your newest follower Ashton from:
    sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

    Feel free to follow me back if you like xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet surprise! I love your nails, too. It's been too long since I had my nails done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous birthday! That Hello skateboard is amazing and how cute are your hello kitty glasses! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...