Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jon's 28th Birthday Weekend, Part 2

Now on to the rest of our weekend.

Jon and Phil headed out early Saturday morning to play golf.  That left Janet and I on our own, so we headed to downtown Kirkland.  It was supposed to be a nice sunny day, but unfortunately, it was a cloudy day, but at least it wasn't raining! Janet and I had lunch, checked out all of the shops, and then had some happy hour before we headed back home to meet up with the guys.
We saw this cute little family while we were sitting in the park looking out into Lake Washington. 

Kirkland has flags at all of the cross walks for people to use.  Janet was VERY excited about this! lol

When we got back home, Jon and Phil were exhausted from golf and were relaxing on the couch watching golf! lol. 
Happy girl cuddling with mommy and daddy!  look at her little tongue!
Later on Saturday evening, we all headed out to dinner at Redhook.  Our friend Andrew met us there (Our friend Andrew was in town staying with us also, but he was photographing weddings during the day).  We all had a great time at dinner.
Janet and Phil.  They'll be getting married in August and Andrew will be their photographer!

The birthday boy and I

After dinner we spent the rest of the evening hanging out at home! 
Sunday, everyone headed home pretty early in the morning.  Janet and Phil had fathers day plans with Phil's dad, and Andrew had his wife and 2 sweet boys waiting for him to celebrate his day! 
Since Sunday was Jon's ACTUAL birthday, he got to decide where we went to lunch.  Of course he chose sushi! Our friend Chris joined us for lunch at Jon's favorite sushi place.  I don't eat sushi, so i enjoyed white rice and spring rolls :) 
Birthday lunch with my lovie!
After lunch, Jon spent the rest of the afternoon watching basketball and i spent it in the kitchen baking up a yummy cake for my lovie!
Going through his old basketball cards.  He has TONS from growing up!
Finally using my new mixer that I got as a wedding gift. 
I made Jon a chocolate cake with home made butter cream frosting.  The frosting was SO good!
Also, please ignore my yucky writing on his cake.  I bought a betty crocker cake decorating frosting, and it was TERRIBLE! It was so hard to use and the frosting did not come out nicely as you can tell.  I wish i would of just stuck to my icing tubes that i already have at home :(  But other than that, the cake was good and husband was happy!
After the game, Jon and I got dressed and ready for dinner.  Jon got a free steak dinner at "The Keg" for his birthday, so we decided to use it! Dinner was SO good! Jon actually went with ribs instead of the steak, but he was VERY happy! I didn't try them, but they smelled pretty good :)
My birthday boy!
Our delicious dinner!
After dinner, we headed back home and I sang Happy Birthday to Jon and we had cake! 
Singing to him, with my beautiful voice! lol
Blowing out the candles

And that's Jon's birthday weekend! I think he had a pretty good time :)  He got to celebrate his big day for 4 whole days, hopefully i get the same for my big day on Thursday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Bday Jon!!!
    What a super fun weekend!!!!
    And duh, I'm in love with your HK necklace, glasses and oommmgggaawww on your pink mixer and Cuisinart! can I just borrow everything you own!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...