Monday, June 18, 2012

Jon's 28th Birthday Weekend, Part 1

We kicked off Jon's birthday celebration on Thursday, when Jon's dad and brother came up to visit for 1 night.  I was still at work when they arrived on Thursday, but Jon texted me this picture:
Jon's dad, Bill, brought up a bunch of boxes for Jon that are filled with childhood stuff.  They all had a lot of fun reminiscing and going through old pictures.
This is the what i walked into when i got home.  So cute :)
Jon's teddy  bear when he was a little.  I love that his parents save all of his things!
Wearing his baseball hat, i think he was in 3rd grade when he wore that hat.
 We had pizza, wings, and beer for dinner on Thursday night.  They guys watched the playoffs, and then we also watched some home videos, which are always VERY entertaining!
Jon, his little brother Joe, and his dad Bill.
 Jon had such a great time with his dad and brother.  They totally made his birthday extra special by coming up for the night. 
 When i got off work on Friday, i got to work on decorating our place for Jon's special day.  I made him a "man basket" with treats that i know that he likes. 
He loves Mountain Dew, so i love that I found "I love everything you Dew" saying online :)
 I also made him a happy birthday sign.  Jon's mom made him really cool birthday signs every year, i thought that it would be special to keep the tradition alive and also keep the tradition going and doing it with our kids.  My sign wasn't was elaborate as the ones his mom made him, but it still turned out pretty cute :)

I put up old pictures of Jon growing up. 
 I made sure to snap pictures of Jon as he walked into the house.  He didn't know that he would be walking into all the decorations :)
Miley following close by him, wanting his attention!
He's so cute and happy!
I love doing special things for Jon.  He really liked looking at all of the pictures that i put up. 
 He was also a good sport and wore the special birthday hat that i got him, lol 
View of my decorations from the living room
Another view.
  After dinner, Jon and I took Miley on a walk around our neighborhood, and just hung out until our friends arrived.  Janet and Phil got to our place at about 9:30 and then Andrew arrived at about 10:30.  We just hung out at home Friday night and caught up. 
My loves!
The rest of Jon's birthday celebrations to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...