Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Gunnar

What summers in Portland were like, floating the river with friends
Before hitting the river
One of the many outdoor activites you enjoyed
One of the last times Jon and I hung out with you.  Thanks for coming to our birthday!
Birthday drinks to us!
Gunnar, today is your 29th birthday. 
It's sad to think that this is your 1st birthday without you here with us.  You made a big impact in your short 28 years on this earth.  I will always remember all of the fun times we had together; coming out with me to celebrate my 21st birthday. It was on a Monday night and i was sad because not many people were able to come celebrate.  We had only known each other for a few months, but you were one of the friends that was willing to come out and make my night a fun one. 
I always think back to that night and how much fun we had.  Thank you!
Also, all of our fun times floating the river every summer.  And of course, all of the funny and silly things you would do.  Every memory that i have of you, you are either smiling, laughing or you have a group of people around you laughing their butts off.  You were such a kind sweet person, you will forever live in my heart!

This quote always puts a smile on my face.  I think this describes the way you lived your life perfectly:
People that live wild, on the edge, making everyday count as if it were their last, do they die early from this lifestyle?
Or do these people somehow know their time on this earth is short and use this unconscious knowledge to live everyday to the fullest?
I'd like to think the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...