Saturday, May 26, 2012

Headed to Bremerton!

We hit the road to Bremerton this morning!
 Jon and I stayed over at Chris & Ainara's last night, so we could all get a quick start on our trip this morning.  As you can see below Miley was very excited about our weekend adventure!
The car is all packed, now lets get a move on it!
We decided to the take the ferry over to Bremerton instead of driving.  We got to the ferry dock at noon and were stuck in Memorial day traffic.  It wasn't as bad as we expected it to be, but we did have to wait an hour in the car until we made it to the ferry loading dock. 
What a great time to take group pictures?! 
Me, Chris, Barkley, Ainara & Jon.  Miley was too short to be in the picture but she is sitting on my lap
Miley posing and showing me her "good" side
The Burns Family!
We finally made it to the ferry loading dock, but still had to wait another 30 mins for the ferry, so we decided to get out the car and let the dogs stretch their legs.

Our car is the white car on the left. Which meant we got on the ferry and off of the ferry very quickly!

Our view from the car once we loaded onto the ferry, soooo beautiful!
Once we were all loaded onto the ferry, we got the dogs out of the car and headed upstairs to the "poop deck" It was such a beautiful sunny day.  Barkley and Miley were very happy dogs enjoying the weather and meeting new friends.


Ferry views
More ferry views
and 1 more :)
Miley was very happy to be exploring new places.

enjoying the views with my baby (husband took these pictures without me knowing)
I love my doggie so much!
The ferry ride was quick and easy, we were also  lucky enough to spot a whale in the water! It was so cool! But it was so quick as soon as you saw the whale it was gone.  Still such an amazing thing to see! Once we were off the ferry we drove another 30 mins to Ainara's parents house where we are staying for the weekend.  I love where her parents live! They live right off the Puget sound and THIS is their backyard!
Seriously so beautiful!
Another view from the backyard.
Miley exploring
We took the dogs down to the water and they had fun exploring, there was also another dog down there and Barkley really wanted to play with him, the dog wasn't really in the mood though.

I thought this was a cute picture
After we unpacked the car and spent some time visiting with Ainara's parents, the boys left to go golf.  Ainara and I decided to go out for a drink and she also showed me around town.  She brought me to a really pretty viewpoint, of course I don't remember the name of the place, but it was so breath taking! I had to get out of the car and snap a few pictures.  The pictures I took don't really do the view any justice!


We then headed back to Ainara's parents house to prepare for dinner. We had chicken fajitas and they were so good!
Ainara's dad also has an oyster farm so he collected a few for us to try.  I of course did not try them BUT I did watch him prepare them for everyone else to enjoy.  He had a pretty good system on how to get them opened.


Group shot.  This was Jon, Chris and Ainara's 1st time trying them.  Chris and Jon ended up eating more because they actually liked them.  They tried to get me to try them but i just couldn't.  They looked to freaky to eat!
After the oysters, we all sat down for dinner.
I love their kitchen table and the plates we used for dinner tonight.
My fajita!
After dinner we all sat around the fire, relaxed and enjoyed each others company.
Miley was cozy on our laps.
Dessert!!

She feel asleep in my arms like this, so cute!
After sitting around the fire for a while, Ainara's parents went to bed and we went outside and hung out in the hot tub.  It was so pretty sitting outside in the hot tub looking out into the water!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...