Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines date night

I thought I should share what happened to me last night during dinner....


 I was very excited about dinner with Jon at Sullivan's.  I got home and laid out my outfit that i planned to wear.  I had a new skirt, shirt and blazer for our date night, unfortunately, i didn't take a picture of my outfit, but it was super cute :)  We got ready and headed out to dinner.  When we got to Sullivan's, we checked our coats at the door and then sat that the bar until out table was ready.  Everything was going great! Jon and I were having a wonderful time enjoying each other.  
Me at dinner.  The flash was a little too bright for my eyes...Also, I'm wearing my Valentines gift from Jon.  A Betsey Johnson necklace, loves it!
Before our food came out, I decided to take a quick trip to the restroom and that's where it all began..... after I used the restroom, I began to pull my skirt down and I suddenly feel a little rip on the side of my skirt, i thought oh no, my new skirt! But i wasn't too worried, it was high enough that my shirt could just cover it.  So I continued pulling my skirt down, carefully, but no matter what i did, the seam on my skirt just kept getting bigger and bigger.  I seriously wanted to cry! I pulled down my skirt as best as i could, then I pulled my shirt down as much as i could, so that i could make it back to my seat without my skirt falling off!   I get to my table and sit down and tell Jon that we have a problem.  He had no idea what to think! lol.  So i tell him that my skirt's seam is coming apart, of course he has no idea how to help me.  As I'm sitting there telling him this, I can feel the seam to the skirt getting bigger and bigger! He tells me that we should try and enjoy the rest of our dinner and that well figure it out when we leave.  I don't think he had any idea how serious this was! lol.  I didn't want to ruin dinner over my darn skirt, so i tried to enjoy the rest of our dinner.  But in the back of my mind, all i could think about was how was i going to make it out of this restaurant without my skirt falling off?  I starting imagining myself getting up and my skirt just falling to the grown! And on top of that, every time i laughed or even moved, my skirt ripped just a little more.  Once we were done with dinner, I asked Jon to run down to coat check to get our coats, because there was NO WAY I was going to walk anywhere without a coat covering my butt! So my wonderful husband got up, before we could even order dessert, and got our coats.  I then just placed his coat on my lap and it made me feel a little better just know that i had something covering me up.  


Finally it was time to go... my coat wasn't long enjoy to cover me up, and of course they sat us all the way in the back on the 2ND floor, so I had to walk through the whole restaurant, wearing my husbands coat which was about 3 inches longer than my skirt, with my skirt STILL ripping! I felt like everyone was starring at me like I was some crazy person.  All it looked like i was wearing was boots, fishnet tights and a man coats, i can only imagine what people thought of me! lol.  We finally got to the safety of the car and made it home.  I was so happy to finally get out of that stupid skirt! I cannot believe that this happened!!! But i gotta say that it was pretty funny and Jon and I still had a wonderful time together.  After i got out of the skirt, we enjoyed some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert at home in my pi's!

The skirt

The little string was the only thing left at the bottom of my skirt...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...