Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our San Francisco Getaway

This past weekend Jon and I hit the road the San Francisco.  We plan on weekend around attending the Chipotle Cultivate Festival, but things didn't really go as planned! :)

On the road for our weekend adventure! 
 We got to our hotel at about 10:30 am and got checked in.  We found our hotel on groupon and got a great deal on it :)  It was a small & old building with lots of character.  Were used to staying at bigger hotels, so this was a fist.

Our little home for the night. 
It was nice and sunny in San Jose, so I wore this outfit, which I really liked.  But once we started walking outside in SF, we had to turn around so I could change into jeans and a sweater, boo! 
The poopy weather and the outfit change should of been an indication of what was ahead..... We started walking towards the park, where the festival was being held.  I told Jon that we should get a cab, since the Golden Gate park was 5 miles away, and he just blew it off thinking that walking the 5 miles to the park wouldn't be too bad.  YEA RIGHT! Half way there, we decided that we should try and hail a cab to the park, but did one drive by? NOPE! So we had to end up walking all the way. And it was cold and there were lots of hills.  We finally get to the parks entrance, and for some reason, silly lil Wendy thought that the park was small and that we had finally made it to the festival, NOPE! Once we got into the park, we had to walk about another half a mile to the festival.  By the time we made it into the park, I looked like this....
Glad Jon can just laugh at me when I'm being a brat :) I refused to look at him when he wanted to take my picture. 
By the time we walked into the festival, Jon had blisters on his feet and he had to give me his sweater because it was SO cold!  We then proceeded to eat their delicious food and have a beer as a reward for all of our work! lol.
Enjoying our drinks and listening to the performers. 
We only stayed at the park for about an hour because it was too cold, and I felt bad because Jon was just wearing a t-shirt since he was sweet enough to give me his sweater :) Guess how we got back to our hotel?  WE GOT A CAB! YAY! Thank goodness! I was so sick of being so cold!

Once we got back to our hotel, we cleaned up and got ready to go out to dinner.  We 1st stopped by a bar next door called "The Library" which actually looked like a library, and I loved it! It was so cozy and nice.  And I had my very 1st Bellini and it was yummy!

After our drinks, we WALKED to dinner, which was a block away, up a steep hill.  We headed to "Osso" steakhouse.  And it was SO good! I had crab for the 1st time and it wont be the last :)
Mr. Burns putting his bib on ready to eat some crab!
Look at the thing! So delicious! 
Playing with my food!
Crab vs. Jon stare down! At this point, we were already full, because Jon also got a steak and I got a baked potato.  
The crab may have won! lol
After dinner, we stopped by another bar next to our hotel named "Cantina".  They had really good drinks and all of their ingredients were fresh! Like if you asked for a mango drink, they put fresh mango into the glass and muddled it.  I got a jalapeño drink and it was so tasty! Jon wasn't a fan but I loved it!

Sunday morning, we were up early and headed back home.  We headed to "Bill's Cafe" for breakfast and mimosas, we love that place.  Their breakfast and mimosas are SO good!
I got cookies & cream pancakes and they were amazing! I don't usually get pancakes but ill be back for more! :)
After breakfast, Jon went and picked Miley up from the dog sitter (his coworker) and brought her home to mommy.  She was a very happy princess!
Look at that face!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That crab looks SO good! What an awesome getaway!

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster award! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have 200 followers or less, and the best part is that other bloggers give out the award. The Liebster Award is a fun and easy way to build our blogging community, meet new people, and learn about each other.

    Go check it out on my blog if you're curious. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...