Friday, April 26, 2013

Missing......


I'm heading back to Portland in 21 days……

 
And It’s been 7 ½ months since we made the big move from Washington to California, and boy oh boy was it quite an adventure!!!! If you are new to the blog, you should definitely check out this post and this post!

 
This was the toughest and most challenging move Jon and I had to make yet.  Because of all of the obstacles we faced, but also because this placed us even further away from our family and friends, we were no longer just 3 hrs away from Portland, which makes it hard when all you want is to see your family and regroup.

 
This was our toughest move BUT it’s also been the best move we have made.  We LOVE it here.  We still can’t get over the fact that California is now our home.  Yes, it’s only been 7 ½ months, but we already feel right at home here and are so ready to settle down and plant some roots here. 

 
The thing that I miss most about Oregon is my family….. of course I do miss my friends, but my heart has been pretty sad lately because I miss my family SO much.  I miss being around my mom, all of my sisters and especially my nieces and nephews.  That’s what I miss the most, being an aunt.  I miss hearing their voices calling me “Tia Lupita” It’s so hard to watch them growing up without me being around.  I'm SO looking forward to see all of them and giving them a huge hug!  

 
This is the longest I have ever gone without seeing them.  Talking on the phone and face-timing is great, but I’m ready to there with them.   

 
I hope these next few weeks go back fast!!!!  Im ready for some Oregon in my life!
 

Happy Friday!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...