Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DIY Make Up Stand

Last month I crafted a fun & cute makeup stand for my bathroom and I love the way it turned out! :)
This is a fun, easy and CHEAP craft :)  
I got 3 of these trays at the .99 cent store, how great is that?
I had originally planned on painting a white base coat on the trays, followed by a pink coat.  That didnt work out too well...

The white turned out fine, but then when I started painting the pink over it, it went downhill.  The paint was not sticking and just coming off, so I had to go to plan B.

1st I washed off all of the original white paint and let them dry.  Then I headed to the craft store for some spray paint. 
*2 small spray paint cans, which were about $2.99 each.  I ended up only using 1 can of paint.  That was enough to          paint all 3 trays with 2 coats of paint.
*1 sharpie paint pen, which I also didn't end up using.  I had planned on drawing a design onto the trays once they were painted pink, but decided not to, because I love the way they turned out :)
*Candle stick holders, which I got at goodwill a few years ago. You can also get them at the dollar store, not this exact style, but I'm sure you can find some there too. 
I spray painted the 3 trays and let them dry for a few hours. 
I love the way the pink turned out :)

Then I got to work on putting it all together. 
I used my glue gun to put it all together, but I'm sure that you could use super glue or some sort of stronger glue. The top tier  of the stand is a little wobbly, so I don't put anything heavy on that shelf, but other than that, its been working out great! 
I LOVE the way it turned out! and I really love the way it looks in my bathroom! It makes me thing of something I would see in the Betsy Johnson store, which is pretty awesome since her stores are amazing :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...