Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Celebrations!


Hello blog friends!!! I haven’t been the best blogger these past 2 months, but It’s just so hard to blog during the holidays.  But I plan on returning to my old blogging ways and post a few times a week, we’ll see how that goes!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and happy new year.  Jon and I had a great time! My mom and nephew, Felipe, flew in from Portland to spend Christmas with us.  We got to spend 9 whole days with them and we had a wonderful time! My mom cooked up lots of delicious Mexican food for us to enjoy and we had many adventures together. 
Miley wanted to open presents early..
Our stockings, Jon and I decorated them :) I made my mom's and Jon did Felipe's
Jon and Felipe were very happy to see each other
Miley was excited to see her cousin too! She stuck by his side most of the time
So cute
She makes my heart happy! 
Face timing with my sister (Felipe's mom) back in Oregon
Christmas eve was a pretty and sunny day, so we decided to take full advantage of the sun and headed out to the Santa Cruz boardwalk for the day.  All of the rides on the boardwalk were closed, but we spent some time playing games in the arcade.   On the way home, we decided to take the scenic route and were able to watch the beautiful sun setting over the ocean!  We then celebrate Christmas eve with a Mexican feast!  Growing up, we have always celebrated Christmas on Christmas eve, we all stay up until midnight and then open all of our gifts.  But since Jon and I are starting new traditions, incorporating the old ones with the new ones, we stayed up until midnight, and only opened 1 gift.  I think it’s a good compromise.
Heading to the beach!
Excited for the beach
He might of been a little excited
Happy guys
Love them!
This is how we bond, lol
Such a beautiful view!
My love
Christmas day, we opened the rest of our gifts and spent the day relaxing and eating, that’s what the holidays are for right? Lol.
After opening gifts, the "men" headed to the gym.
One of the special gifts I got my mom for Christmas.  I ordered it off of etsy and put it in a picture frame, she loved it! 
Thursday morning, we packed up the car and started on our 5 ½ hour road trip to LA, to visit my mom’s side of the family.  We stayed in Orange county until Sunday morning and had a great time! It was so nice to spend time with my aunts and cousins, and Jon finally got to meet part of my extended family.  He and my cousins husbands totally hit it off and were already planning on more visits between them and us before we headed back home on Sunday. 
I love this picture! 
Miley was loving the beach
The leap of faith...
Our attempt at a fun jumping picture, didnt turn out so great, lol
Felipe with a small portion of his California cousins
Me with my cousin Jenny & Sonia, and Jenny's babies.
Saturday night, Jon and I went out to dinner with my cousins Karina & Sonia, and their husbands, David and Audel
Karina, Sonia & I
Once we arrived back in San Jose Sunday afternoon, it was time to say goodbye to my mom and Felipe.  We had a wonderful Christmas and are so lucky that we got to have my mom and nephew with us to celebrate the holidays.  Hopefully we can have more family around for future holidays to come!
Time to say goodbye to my mamma :(
Love this kid!


3 comments:

  1. That sweater is adorable. I love the hello kitty bow! I was just checking in to see if you got your package? I almost bought that Hello Kitty shirt for you - now I'm glad I didn't.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your photos are just amazing! I am sooo excited for your cali life, it looks so awesome! And your HK clothes... o..m...g... jealous!
    Miley is soo cute in her HK sweater. Jon and Felipe are soo sweet together! I can tell they had a blast hanging out! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you posted this, i just love looking at all your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...