Monday, November 5, 2012

My 1st week at work

I survived my 1st week of work!!!YAY!

Im so happy and thankful for my job, I love that I am apart of such a great organization, that makes such a big impact on the community.

The people that I work with are also so nice and welcoming, which always helps when starting a new job.

Im the admin for the Youth support services dept. and I work with case managers that meet with kids, either at their school or at their homes.  We get kids referred to our organization and they are from different walks of life and have many different needs.  We also work with kids that are referred to us by their probation officers and kids getting out of juvi.

Im so SO happy that I found this job!

Last Sunday Jon and I drove out to my office and of course we took pictures :)
Had to snap a picture of my 1st day of work outfit :)
I got a nice gift on my 1st day.  I love office supplies and I got a bad full of them, yay!
 My little cubical :)  Its a lot more pink now though, so Ill have to take another picture :)
I love that I get to have my OWN printer! lol
We are moving into a new building in January, and I am very excited about it.  I get a bigger cubical & a big window, YAY!

Oh and Im very happy to report that I PASSED my Spanish test! I was SO nervous about taking the test, because I get nervous when I speak spanish with strangers (sometimes I don't feel too confident with my spanish speaking skills).  I took my test on Thursday, which consisted of reading sentences in english and then translating them in Spanish.  The lady that did the test was really nice and she totally helped me out with some words that I couldn't pronounce, I was just so nervous that my mind kept going blank.  But I did it and I passed it and now I can be used as a translator at work, yay! Im glad that I have the chance to start using my spanish again, I only speak spanish when I talk to my mom, so I feel like I'm losing it, which I don't want to happen.

Im excited for this new experience and I cannot wait to learn some more!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am sooo excited for your new job! And that is awesome you get to use your spanish to help others as a translator. What an important organization, and you'll be sooo awesome with the kids. They will love you so much. PS Best dress ever :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! So happy for you!!

    Sharee'
    www.momFITtingitallin.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...