Saturday, October 20, 2012

Our weekend in Portland!

Jon and I headed out to Portland last weekend for our good friends wedding and to spend some time with our family.  We had such a great time! It was nice to hangout and relax with our friends and to also spend some time and catch up with our family.  

Jon's manager drove us to the airport on Thursday afternoon, and he was also kind enough to watch Miley for us.
Miley was sad that she was missing out on our trip back to Portland.  
A great thing about living in San Jose is that our flight back home is only an hour and a half, so the flight was super quick!  When we arrived to Portland, Jon's dad and brother picked us up and then we headed out to dinner.  We decided to go to "Old Chicago" Jon and I used to there all the time when we lived in Oregon, so we wanted to go back and have some of their delicious food!  
Dinner and drinks with the Burns men
Jon's dad & little brother
This is "Baked Spaghetti Pie" And can I say OMG!!! This was SOO good, I still think about this, and I'm going to attempt to make this at home soon!
 After dinner, Jon and I were dropped off at our friends Koli & Kyle's house.  Koli & Kyle and the rest of their wedding party had just gotten back from their rehearsal dinner, so it was a fun night hanging out and catching up with friends!
I definitely miss these ladies! 
Friday was a fun wedding planning filled day! Us girls were up bright and early and then headed out to get all the last minute things done.  We spent all morning and most of the afternoon making all of the flower arrangements and bouquets, it was a lot of fun. Of course the Oregon weather was out in full force with the cold wind and rain, so we also spent most of the day praying that it wouldn't rain the next day for the wedding.
Koli's aunt is so cute, she sent Koli this super cute outfit to wear while we were working on wedding stuff.  The front of the overalls says "Here comes the bride" and she had a special "Bride" hat, and she even made her those super cute glitter shoes. 
Koli with her bridesmaids, minus 1.  Koli's aunt also made the bridesmaids aprons with their names on them.  So creative and cute!
All the ladies hard at work
Hard at work popin bottles! lol
Roses galor! 
 After working all day, we all spent our evening getting pampered with mani and pedis.  After the mani and pedi's, I met up with my friend Courtney, and guess where we went?! To Bartini of course! and of course it was great and delicious!
Our fondue and martinis :)
 The day of the wedding was a BUSY day! I was the day of wedding "go to" person, so I spent most of the day running around, making sure the bride was happy and not stressed and making sure everything was where it needed to be.  It was such a fun day, I love being able to help and doing all of the behind the scene things.  I even got to drive a golf cart for the 1st time, which was fun! lol.
The bridesmaids  
The bride and groom, their 1st dance
Jon and I with Koli
Alyson and I, she was my maid of honor at my wedding.  Her husband was Koli & Kyle's wedding photographer
The wedding was beautiful and so much fun AND there was NO rain during the day! It sprinkled a little in the morning but other than that, it was a dry day! YAY!

Sunday, we spent the day with my family.  My nephew was so cute and had gifts for Jon and I, he got us each an iPhone cases, he got Jon a blue one and I of course got a pink one.  I have such a sweet little nephew! Thats definitely something that sucks about being so far away, I hate that Im missing out on my nieces and nephews growing up.

Were not sure where we are heading back to Oregon, but my friend Courtney is coming to visit next month, and hopefully, we have more friends and family come down to visit us soon too!  Its nice to be back home, enjoying the California weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...