Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hunting....

Well, I've been jobless for over a month now and I'm really starting to lose hope! I apply to at least 5+ jobs a day and I feel like i haven't had any luck at all! Ive gone to 3 job interviews, no luck.  Ive meet with numerous temp agencies, no luck!  I had a phone interview with Stanford University on Tuesday, which I was very excited about.  I think i did well on the phone interview, but now I have to wait at least 2 weeks to find out if I made it to the second round of interviews.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get a call back, that's the job that I want! I want to work at another university like at OHSU, so I'm trying to get back into that field.

But starting to get really discouraged! What is wrong with me?? Why cant I find a freaking job??!!! I have lots of experience and great references, what the heck is going on??  Every week I think "This is the week, I'll find something great this week!" It just hasn't happened.  This is the longest I've ever gone being unemployed, and I'm not a fan! I really hope I find something this month, because I don't know what we are going to do if we go another month with me not having a job.

Thats part of the reason why I haven't been blogging as much as I used to, I just feel guilty spending time blogging about life, when I should be looking for a job, but at the same time, you can look for a job for only so many hours a day, ya know?

Anyway, thats it for today.  I have many things I can blog about, like the exciting news that my niece finally had her baby boy last night, so I am now a "great" aunt to 2 sweet little boys!  Ill make sure to write about that exciting part of my life soon! My awesome little sister turned 20 years old on Tuesday,  I've also tried out a new yummy chicken recipe and made my delicious Oreo cupcakes again! So that'll all be on here soon!  Hope everyone is having a great week!

We are team Burns, and we can make it through anything as long as we have each other.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I hope you get through to the second round of interviews! God luck : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't lose hope, your new job is going to happen! Could you pick up something not as awesome for a little while and keep on applying to jobs that you really want? like working at target or something like that in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm fairly new to your blog and love it! As far as the job hunt goes, I totallyyyy feel what you're going through. I have a degree in finance and started serving because I couldn't find a job. Would you be willing to do something like that? I ended up LOVING it and working there for 3 years lol. Anyways, after 2 1/2 years I NEEDED to get a "real" job and it took six MONTHS of HEAVILY applying. It was depressing! I finally got hired at a university actually as a finance counselor! What is it that you want to do at a university?

    Btw I don't work there anymore...my hubs and I moved and had a baby, so I stay home and am a freelance writer (talk about a career change, lol).

    Wishing you the best of luck on your hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there girl!!! You'll find something when it's meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...