Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What happened????!!!!

So..... you know how I was REALLY excited yesterday about my interview Thursday morning?  How i got everything taken care and my references checked out and completed what they needed for me?  Well guess what kind of email i got this morning?! I got this:



I was COMPLETELY shocked when i got this email.  Like what happened from yesterday to today?! I just feel pretty crushed right now, i really wanted this job and was so excited to interview and move forward in my career, but now I'm back to square one.  I was talking to Gay, who was my boss at OHSU, about this today and she said that this could be a blessing in disguise, which she is right, there has to be a good reason why this just didn't happen for me.  I need to stay positive and move forward.  Its just so hard sometimes, because my current job is SO boring and it makes me depressed sometimes and makes me miss my old job.  
I loved my job at OHSU, it was stressful but it was a job that i was proud of and it was a career that i had a future in.  I had so many opportunities to grow and to advance at that job, and with this one, i just feel so stuck.  I know that we are not going to live in Washington forever and i should just stick it out until we move but i also just want a job that makes me happy and keeps me busy.  
But I do have something to look forward to at work.  We are having a department retreat  next month with the department chair, my supervisor and the volunteer coordinator, and part of this retreat, we are going to reevaluate my job duties because they know that i am bored out of my mind and know that i am capable of doing much more in my position.  So hopefully things get better for me at my current job.

So overall, I'm pretty sad that my interview for tomorrow has been canceled, I'm going to keep looking for a new job, BUT i am hopeful with my current position that it'll get better.  

Ill leave you with a picture that makes me happy of my love and I.  I love Jon and how supportive he is with all of this. All he wants is for his wife to be happy and him telling me this makes me feel a little better and look into the future with a smile on my face.   Because I am happy, I'm just a crazy person that wants a job that keeps me busy, instead of spending my entire day playing online, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...