Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birthday Princess!

Today is my baby girls 2nd birthday. I love her so  much.  She makes our lives so much brighter with her sweet and spunky personality.  Im so happy that Jon and I decided to adopt her and make her our little princess.

I really wanted to make today extra special for her, like make her a new shirt to wear, bake her a cake, and so on and so on, BUT i didn't have time to do everything that i wanted to make, but i was still able to make her a few things to let her know how much we love her.  
She was able to go to work with Jon today, which she loves, he also took her to the groomers to get a hair cut because she needed one badly.  When i got home, i got started on her birthday cupcakes, ill post recipe below.  They turned out pretty cute! I also made her a birthday crown out of pipe cleaners, which she didn't like wearing BUT i still got some pictures of her wearing it :)
Her birthday cupcakes, i had to put heart sprinkles on them to make them more girly. 

lol, one of her pipe cleaner bows that i made for her.  She would not pose for me with it :(
My pretty princess
Enjoying her birthday dinner and cupcake.

Miley definitely enjoyed her special day.  This is what she is currently doing, she's tired from being the birthday princess. 


Okay now on to the cupcake recipe.  I of course found the recipe on pinterest, link here.
You will need:
1 cup flour - white or whole wheat
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
 1 cup shredded carrots
Put all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
Mix  it all together
Pour into a cake pan or into a cupcake pan.  I used a mini cupcake pan since Miley is so little she doesn't need anything big.  
   Bake at  350 degree Fahrenheit, I baked them for about 10-15 minutes, i checked to make sure they were cooked all the way by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cupcakes..  The smell really good when they are ready.
I let them cool on a cooling rack and then i "frosted" them with penutbutter, then to make them cute, i put a little heart sprinkle into the center of them.
My final product.
 These were definitely a success! Miley loved her cupcake and decouvred the whole thing.  Im sure these will last us a few days.  

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Miley!!! We love her too

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you to celebrate your doggies birthday, I LOVE it!!! Happy, Happy 2nd Birthday, Miley! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog too, love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how cute your dog is! Ahh! I need a puppy so I can make it cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness how adorable! Her sweater is too cute. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...