Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Happy day!

OMG!!!! Today has been such a wonderful day! It’s started out with a phone call...... I got a call from a temp agency, Volt. I applied for an admin job through them yesterday, and they called me this morning about a different job they thought would be a good fit for me. So I called them back, and I got some more information. The job they thought I would be perfect for is a job at Microsoft, as an HR assistant!!! Ummmm...... I’ve been looking for an HR assistant job since we moved out here, but haven’t had any luck! It’s what I did at OHSU and even though extremely stressful, I loved it! So I spent the next 30 mins on the phone when Brandon (volt guy), talking to him about my previous experience and he filled me in some more about the Microsoft job. Even though this position will be a temp position, it’s still a GREAT opportunity to get my foot through the door with Microsoft, and hopefully, if I get the job, my boss will fall in love with me an hire me on as a permeate employee. So we ended the call with Brandon  submitting my resume to the Microsoft manager looking to hire an HR assistant, and hopefully I get a call back within the next few days for an interview! Fingers crossed!

While I was on the phone with Brandon, I got another call and was left a voicemail. My day got even better after I checked that message, because it was from Holly at the Seattle Children’s Hospital! Another job that I applied for yesterday. I seriously have been applying at Seattle Children’s Hospital even before we even moved out here. That is THE place I want to work at, and it’s been SO hard to get an interview with them. So I called Holly back, and she told me that she wanted to schedule a 30 minute phone interview with me and the hiring manager for Monday. I hope I do well on my phone interview and that they want me to come in for a formal interview so I can sell them on my skills. I am so excited about both opportunities! I would be happy with either one of these jobs, let’s just hope that I get hired on to one of them!

Today has definitely been a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very very happy for you!!!!
    That's a very good news!!!!
    COMPLIMENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...