Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crafting while snowed in

I woke up to snow again this morning.  It didn't look too bad, the roads in our neighborhood were clear, but Jon didn't want me to risk it and stay home.  So i emailed my bosses and told them that i would be staying home.  Thank goodness that i stayed home because it started to snow at around 9:00 and it didn't stop for a few hours.  The snow was getting so bad, that Bastyr closed at noon, that defiantly told me that i made a good decision to just stay home to begin with!
Since its my 2nd day in a row of staying home, i decided to get our place decorated and ready for Valentines day with the few craft supplies that i have at home.  I also put wedding pictures in picture frames and put a few of them up.
1st i put up a wall chandelier that Jon bought me at Target last week, i don't think its up straight BUT it looks cute right? lol. Jon and I will just have to take it down and put it back up straight.
Doing what she does best, napping on my lap

What it looked like outside after the snow starting dumping down on us



Jons car

I love how the trees look covered in snow



My crooked chandelier, lol
 Once i put the chandelier up, i got started on my valentines day crafts.  I first cut out 64 squares from pretty craft paper.  Jon and I are starting a new tradition for valentines day.  We will write a love note to each other everyday and put them a jar (I'm using vases from our candy bar from our wedding) Pretty much each note where start with "What i love about you is...." and on Valentines day we will read them to each other :)  We did this for thanksgiving, but we wrote what we were thankful for and it was so fun to do.  And its going to be great to look back at everything we wrote as years go by.

Of course Miley had to be apart of the crafting

My cut out squares
 I also cut out pink and red hearts and made a valentines day garland, which will hang on our mantel

I put the cut out squares in a heart shaped bowl.  We will put our love notes in these vases.

Our mantle, with my heart garland i made.  I stringed it together with tulle.  I love all of our wedding pictures and how our mantle looks! About that little dog figuring, Jon got it for me for Christmas.  Its supposed to be Miley :)  The figuring is wearing a crown, heels, blinging earrings and necklace, and the stash says "Princess Pooch" hahahaha, i love it and its totally Miley :) She is definitely my little princess

The other side of the mantel.  I painting that "B" thank you! lol
 When Jon got home, we decided that he should move his car to the top of the hill since the roads weren't too bad, so off he went.  He had to scrape all the snow off of his car, since its been sitting in the snow for about 3 days.
I think he needs to wash his car....



He's so cute :) He makes me so happy!

And here's Miley, napping by the fire.  She loves the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...