Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great! Jon and I had a wonderful time together :) I'm glad that we decided to stay home and have our own Thanksgiving together as a family. 
We got to sleep in today and got a slow start.  While i prepared the turkey, Jon went to QFC to get some last minute things and to get Miley some wet dog food so that she could have a special turkey dinner with us too.  She was so cute and ate all of her food before Jon and I even sat down to eat our dinner. 
Here are pictures of us through out the day!
Getting the turkey ready.  It was such a challenge to get the yucky stuff out of the inside of the turkey, but we finally managed to get the legs apart, and i made Jon stick his hands inside to pull out the gross neck.  Ugh, that's something i DO NOT enjoy about cooking a turkey.  Once he pulled the gross stuff out, i washed out the turkey and started getting it ready to go in the oven. 
1st. I put lime juice inside of the turkey along with some salt.  Then, i stuffed it was celery and onions. 
Once it was stuffed i put tinfoil in the opening to get the vegetables inside of the turkey while it cooked.
Once the turkey was on the cooking tray, i buttered the turkey up and put some seasoning all on the outside.  I think I did a pretty good job getting it ready to cook and with getting yummy flavors in the turkey.
I was "pretty" when i started working on the turkey, but Jon still snapped a picture of me.  I tried to use the tongs to get the neck out, that didn't really work lol.
My handsome husband putting the turkey in the oven
I L.O.V.E this picture! Miley looks so cute here, she was very curious about everything that was going on in the kitchen.
I took the turkey out every hour to check on it and to squirt broth on it to keep it juicy
While the turkey was cooking i made super cute turkey desserts with oreos, whoppers, and M&M's.
I love the way the turned out!
Our cute dinner table <3
Miley sat on the back of the couch and watched us eat, such a little brat.
Our family Thanksgiving picture, its not the best, but its still cute.  I love my family!
Our Y.U.M.M.Y oreo and ice-cream dessert! I'm very proud of this dessert too!
Miley had to take a post dinner nap on my lap.  LOVE her!
Jon left at about 9:00 to meet up with Chris so that they could do some black friday shopping.  So it was just Miley and I the rest of the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...