Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Becoming a cooking PRO

I made turkey taquitos for dinner tonight, using out leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving.  I gotta say that I'm getting SO much better at cooking now! I love to cook and i have fun with it.  I really like coming home from work and making a yummy meal for my hard working husband.  There are days when i don't want to cook but most of the time I do and i enjoy it very much!

Cooking onions, garlic and a jalapeno
The cooked vegie mix with shredded turkey, tomatoes and cheese!
All ready to be cooked - I made them the healthy way instead of fying them in oil.

And my prouder moment! My homemade refried beans!!!! YAY!!!  Yesterday, i boiled beans so that they would be ready for today.  The thing with my cooking beans, im still learning how to do this.  The 1st time i tried to make them, they had no flavor AT ALL and they we gross! So yesterday, while talking with my mom, she sudggested that i try again.  She walked me through all the steps again and gave me some helpful tips, so last night, when i got home, I put a pot of beans on the stove to boil and they turned out perfect! Im so glad that i tried again :)  So today, all i had to do was refry them! So good!
The final product.  Jon L.O.V.E.D the taquitos and the beans! YAY me!

I found this on pinterest today and it made me smile.  I sent it to Stacey because it reminded me of us. We have had our ups and downs, but we are still friends and i am soo thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...