Friday, September 14, 2012

Our road trip to San Jose.... Part 1

Since I've already filled everyone in about how we got scammed off of craigslist, Ill now write about the fun part and our road trip to California!

We started our trip bright and early Wednesday (8/29) morning.  The movers arrive and guess what??!! We encountered more issues.....at this point we weren't sure if moving was a good idea! lol.  

The driver and movers that arrived had planned to drive & deliver our things in San Jose that Saturday. That would of been find IF we had a place to live..... Jon had called the movers as soon as we found out about our living situation and told them that we didn't have a place to live and would need our things delivered at a later date, at the time, he was told that this wouldn't be a problem...... sure! lol 

Anyway, long story short, the driver and movers that had originally arrived  end up leaving without doing anything.  One guy stayed behind and worked his butt off getting our things organized and took inventory of all of our belongings.  We were told that new movers wouldn't arrive until after 5:00, Jon and I had planned to be in Portland by that time, so we could spend time with our family and friends before we started our drive to California, so we weren't very happy about that! 

We decided that we would stay and get things finished up and wait for new movers, hoping they would arrived early.  By 3:00 we decided to just hit the road to Portland and trust that the one guy that was at our place would take care of everything and lock up our place once they were done.  He was a really nice guy and were so thankful to have had him there to help us out as much as he did! 

1st Miley and I had to have one last photo shoot in front of our place :)
Tired and stressed Miley & Wendy.....
And now were happy... 
I cant believe that we actually left our place still filled with everything, BUT Jon and I had already been through enough, we were stressed and tired, and just wanted to get our trip started! (Turns out everything went smoothly with moving our things out.  The guy that stayed behind called Jon as soon as he locked up our place and told him that everything went smoothly, yay!)
Love him!!
California here we come!!! Well 1st Portland but then California!!! lol
Our trip to Portland was GREAT! We didn't deal with any traffic, which is hard to believe coming from Seattle!  We made it into Portland at about 6:30-7:00, this last trip from Seattle to Portland went by SO quick! We had done that drive many many times, this one felt the fastest...... maybe it was all of the excitement?! 

We had originally planned to visit friends and also family, but with everything we had dealt with, we only had time to visit my mom and sisters in Portland.  Of course, when we got to my mom's house, she had a delicious dinner ready for us! Im really going to miss my mom's home cooking!

My mom only broke down and cried once during dinner, which is a success because she fought back tears the entire meal :(  It was nice to spend time with my mom, sisters, niece & nephew before we had to say goodbye.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, but it was a very sad and emotional goodbye.  As I mentioned before, all 4 of my sisters live about 5 mins from my mom (well my little sisters actually lives with my mom, lol) So having me so far away is really hard for her.  We call cried, hugged and said goodbye for 1 last time :( I didn't think saying goodbye would be so hard! 

After our visit with my family, we drove another 45 mins into Salem to stay with Jon's parents.  We had ice-cream and had a great time spending time together chatting, and looking at the San Jose map, and talking about our new life out there.  Miley had a great time getting spoiled by Jon's dad, it was so cute!  

Can you believe all of this is just 1 day??!!! This entire post is about our Wednesday, next post will be all about the second half of our trip!


I thought this would be a fun picture to share!  The day Jon, Miley and I arrived to our new home in Washington, December 30th 2010
And the last day living in Washington, August 29th 2012
Notice I'm wearing the exact same pair of jeans??!!! lol, I did NOT  plan that! They are now my "lucky moving pants"! lol 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...