Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday night craft night

I got to pamper myself today after work and got a manicure.  I tried a different place this time, i wasn't too impressed with the place i went to last time, so I went to luxury nails today and i was very impressed with them.  I love the way my nails turned out.  I will definitely go back to them. 



Later Ainara and I got together to have craft night and we had a ton of fun.  Of course, I found this craft on pinterest.  Link here
We used mod podge, mod podge clear sealer, painters tape, glitter and of course wine glasses.  We got the wine glasses and the painters tape from the dollar tree. 
We used the painters tape to make our designs onto the wine glasses.  I took the easy route  with mine.
Ainara went with a design a little more complicated.
We started with the stems of the win glasses.  1st we put mod podge onto the wine glass and then poured the glitter over it.  We did this over coffee filters, which made it easier to pour the unused glitter back into the glitter container.  We let the mod podge and glitter set for about 10 mins, then we repeated the step again, to make the glitter stand out more.  
After we did the stem, we then did the top of our glasses repeating the same steps. 
I really like the way the black turned out. 
After 1 coat of glitter
After the second coat
We let our glasses sit for about 10 minutes to dry, then took the painters tape off and then took our glasses outside to spray the clear sealer onto the glitter to keep if  from coming off.
The final product.  They turned out good, but i would recommend keeping the tape on your glass when you spray the clear sealer, to keep the glass without the glitter from looking cloudy.  I didn't think about that! lol 
Close up of my stem
Close up of the top.
I think this was a pretty fun and easy project.  I will definitely do this craft again and get a little more creative with my designs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...